Day 13 - Goals
This is a timely assignment. I had been planning on updating my 2010 goals to see how I was doing. But, daily life gets busy and I forgot. Then came this challenge giving me the insentive I needed to do it and reminding me that I wanted to.
If you want to see my other posts about my goals here they are:
2010 Goals and a Review of Last Years Progress
Update 2010 Goals
The last update was the middle of July. Now we are nearing November. How are you doing with your yearly goals. Did you set any goals for 2010. If you did not you can still set smaller goals. Set some goals for things to get done by Thanksgiving and then by Christmas. Surely you have some goals... even if it is just to finish Christmas shopping before the end of November. I highlighted the updates in yellow. The original goals are not highlighted.
- Continue being consistent with my devotions.
- I am still doing devotions. I do miss days and once in a while I miss a whole week but I get back to it and keep going. I enjoy my devotions and don't know why I can't be consistent. I guess it is just my flesh trying to win out and excuses about all the things I have to get done that make me skip devotions.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. Start by walking 10-15 minutes a day on the Elliptical Walker
- I have not started my exercise program. I did occasionally walk on the elliptical walker and at Winterthur but I have not done it consistently. I am working on cleaning up the basement right now. Hubby said we might get a Wii. and if we do it will have to be put in the basement. That will help the whole family get more active, but especially my sons and I. We love to play the Wii sports and I want to get the Wii Fit too. That will be especially good for my diet and exercise. I can make goals and track my weight with it. So after I get it cleaned up I will start my exercising. Or I may start before that. I can get to the elliptical walker even though there are lots of boxes around it.
- Eat better and loose weight. Start by drinking more water and making sure to eat more fruit throughout the day and veggies at lunc.
- I started my Weight Watchers diet yesterday. I plan to stick with it until I get to my goal weight, 130 lbs.
- Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics. Start by reading Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell (a TOS Homeschool Review book).Work on my own writing projects.
- I am reading Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling still. Little by little. I am now about half way through the book.
- I am reading a number of other books this year for my own education. (see my shelfari shelf in the sidebar of my blog)
- I am currently reading: Cat and Dog Theology by Sjogren and Robison (we used this for summer Sunday School at our church), I need to get that finished.
- I am using the 30 Days to Understand the Bible book with my boys for Bible Class. We used this as a supplement for our Sunday School this past spring. I never did the book but am doing it now with the boys. They are liking it. We do a little each day.
- I will also be starting to read Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. We are using this book and a video series for Growth Group. The whole church is doing this series right now, together. We did the first week of the video two weeks ago and we meet again this Sunday. I need to read some of the book before we go to group tomorrow.
- Work a little each week on the History Unit study projects I was working on or the E-book on Homeschool Organizing I was writing.
- I have not worked on this. I need to get going on it.
- Spend some time scrapbooking. Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure. Read Kingdom's Dawn by Chuck Black.
- I have not read any more books for pleasure. I am reading to many for educational purposes. I did start reading Written on the Wind by Judith Pella, but I am only on chapter 7 out of 58.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week
- I have been successful with this. Doing memes and challenges like this as well as the 365 project keeps me blogging. I have also done some of the Blog Cruise posts and I want to get back to doing them.
- Keep doing the Workboxes
- Have been slack with this lately. Especially this week with the boys working on some home repair and construction. But overall we are still using them and doing well with school.
- Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log.
- I have been doing better than last year but I need to be even more consistent
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Needs more work. I have been lazy again thus the boys are skipping work assigned to them because I do not check it. You can only expect what you inspect.
- Complete the TOS Homeschool Crew Review Year.
- Second year going well. Much less pressure and less reviews. Review are more spread out and thus more manageable.
- Healthier Eating -more fruits and vegetables.
- Needs work. Me being on Weight Watchers will help as I will make sure we have more fruit and veggies in the house and less junk for snacks.
- Exercise at home on both our Bowflex (for muscle strengthening) and our Elliptical Walker and then also outside at Winterthur Estate and Gardens Needs work. Make exercise a priority for the boys
- Needs work. The Wii will help if we get one. The boys love my sister's and their friends Wii's.
- More singing as a family Work on new song for special music.
- We are singing end of Nov.
- We sang in August at church.
- We sang at the NGA luncheon.
- We need to schedule to sing at the nursing home for Christmas if we want a spot. They get filled up fast.
- Regular Personal Devotions for each family member and regular Family Devotions in the evening. Encourage the boys to do their devotions before school each day.
- They now do morning devotions with their dad and they are all enjoying that.
- Family evening read-aloud time more consistently. Needs work. We started reading Terrestria Chronicles book 1.
- Need to get back to doing family devotions time. We have not been consistent in this area. We are on Terrestria Chronicles book 2 but should be further than that.
- Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys.
- I have not been doing it. I think we are still on Little House in the Big Woods. They just mentioned getting back to reading the Little House books, they said they miss doing that.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
- We started back to doing this and now we stopped again. Need to get Jessica, the boys and I to meal plan today for the next couple weeks. Because we have not meal planned and shopped we have let dinners go. Some night not making anything and everyone fending for themselves, some nights eating things like hot dogs and french fries. With my on Weight Watchers I need healthier meals than that.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- We have had a couple days where we did errands together and last week we went to a marriage seminar. Still need more time to talk though.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games.
- Just recently I said I was going to start this again. But, I still have not. I need to find out who wants to do their day with me this week and put it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. It really is a good time and we enjoy it and I need to spend some time having fun with my kids.
all content on my blog is ©