Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- almost 1/2 of the year gone and not much progress here. I do want to do better, but with the stress I have been under, giving in to temptations and skipping my workouts I am not doing better. I want to be more fit. I am just having a difficult time accomplishing it. I went to start exercising this morning, on my Wii, and the batteries have died. I don't know when I will get more batteries and my hubby does not want me walking in our neighborhood. I may have to just get on the elliptical walker, which I do not like, or think something else up.
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Drink 48-64 oz of water a day I have been doing ok on this.
- Eat more fruit and veggies throughout the day. Doing terrible on this. I do get veggies at dinner most nights but not much. We have NO fruit or fresh veggies in the house. We have been eating a lot of bread.
- Keep track of everything I eat in a food journal. Not doing well with this. God has provided for our May and June bills and we are struggling to continue to trust him for our daily bread... both the green kind and the eating kind. The cupboards and fridge are empty except for a little bit of milk and some bread we just got from the nursery school across the way. They are affiliated with a church and every once in a while they put bread/bagels/rolls out on a table for people to take for free. We just got some this morning which is great because we were out of bread. We are praying for God's provision, vision and the future of our family.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. I was reading The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling. I stopped reading, see this post for my review of the book: @ http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2012/05/ultimate-guide-to-homeschooling-by.html
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. We started reading Exploring the World Around You: A Look at Nature from Tropics to Tundra for Science. We will be starting to read some books for History today as well. We had been watching some Drive Thru History videos the first week of school for History.
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. After I finish reading With Wolfe in Canada I want to start this. I was hoping to finish reading With Wolfe in Canada in July but I did not do it. I need to make time to read a little each day so I get it finished.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now, but that is ok since the goal was only to read 1 or 2 health and fitness books this year.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. Not Done. I bought Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help. I just need to make time to write the things I have on my heart.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan meals. July was terrible for meal planning. Some days no one even cooked dinner and we all just fended for ourselves. Having Ramen Noodle Soup or Peanut Butter and Jelly or something like that. A few night we had really good meals, my hubby has been pitching in this month so things were better but we really haven't planned meals, we just cook what we can figure out depending on what we have.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet. I had hoped to get one done over the summer. I must be crazy to think I have more time because it is summer break from school. I had no time to work on this. I did get the word Hope, that I had colored and cut out, put up on my wall. I also hung the plaque about hope that my daughter Rachel bought me.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. We are back to school and I recorded all the work from the days we have done so far.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. Done. I checked how many hours credit Christopher has for Computer class and he needs more so he is working to finish that.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Done! Nathan completed his schoolwork 20 minutes before the guests were supposed to arrive. We signed his diploma and then presented him with it. Then we were ready for the party, it was a big success.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. Not done. We could do a dinner in our bedroom, just he and I, but we haven't. I had planned to do one for our anniversary in July. We did dinner in the living room while watching a movie instead. I wanted to do it in our bedroom and make it special but he wanted to just sit in front of the t.v. so that is what we did. Since we did it in the living room I can't really count it for having dinner in our bedroom. But...
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon. I can count it as time with my hubby... so I am! We were all alone in the living room and had a good evening chilling, holding hands, and watching movies. I think we watched 2 movies, though I can't tell you the titles.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. We played monopoly. I was going to do it just Christopher and I but he invited the other kids to play. We played it over 2 days and didn't exactly finish. We just set a time, before my daughter had to go to therapy, and when the time was up we added up our assets. Jessica won.
8 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ May, I'm late
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ June Update... better late than never
all content on my blog is ©