April Showers Bring May Flowers... we have already seen a lot of flowers and it was only March. We have had warmer than usual temperatures, which is really good. It saves on the heating bill. Hopefully that does not mean we will have a warmer than usual summer as well, then the air conditioning bill will be high.
Twice as many things done as not done. I want to write down the things I am not getting done and make sure they get priority this coming month.
Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- I will be reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado for my first book for devotions. I have had it for a while and wanted to read it. I think now is the time.
- I am reading God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Drink 48-64 oz of water a day Doing ok on this.
- Eat more fruit and veggies throughout the day. Doing ok on this.
- Keep track of everything I eat in a food journal. Not doing well with this. Need to not buy or eat so many sweets, especially avoiding Easter candy. Need to make WW dessert, especially the 1 point kind, and stay away from the non WW stuff.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. Not yet.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. Yup... Finished Reading:
- Bulletproof George Washington: An Account of God's Providential Care
- Daniel Boone: The Opening of the Wilderness (Landmark Books #21)
- Captain Cook Explores the South Seas (World Landmark Books #19)
- George Washington: Frontier Colonel (a book the boys read a while back. I read part of it to them and they finished on their own... I never finished it... now I have.)
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. Not yet.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I am starting by reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure to hopefully help with my fitness goals. I finished this book in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now. I need to concentrate on actually exercising.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. Not Done. I have something I want to buy to enhance my blog... Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help. I need to buy this a.s.a.p.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan March meals. March started out well and ended well but in the middle there was a mess. I planned my meals and so did Rachel, but my plans had to change. My hubby went back to eating Gluten Free, and this time even more serious than before. Then most of us were sick. Things fell apart. Hopefully April will be better.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. Done.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate. Done. Nathan is working on the classes he has to finish for graduation. He has more to do but is making progress. I don't think he will be done his hours by the last day of school this year, but he will get done and graduate.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Nope... a few more weeks to go.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon.
- Hubby took me to Longwood, just him and I. I had wanted to get here during the orchid display and we did. It was a great day. We also went to visit my mom in rehab. The whole family visited her in the hospital but at the rehab just Court and I went.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. Nope... one was planned for Valentines Day but plans got changed. I want to do it soon. Hopefully I can, now that I am beginning to feel better.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. Nope... and I may take this off my goals list. It depends too much on my kids wanting to spend time with me. They don't want to get off their computer games to take time with Mom. This saddens me. I tell them to let me know when they are ready to spend some time with me and they never do it. Maybe instead of asking I need to set a time when I am available and bug them until they give in!!!
10 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
Monthly Update List
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
all content on my blog is ©