Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reading Challenge ~ March Update

Reading Challenge 2012


My goal for reading this year was to read 52 books or more in 2012. That is one book a week. I am proud that I am doing so well. I am 4 books ahead right now.I hope to continue to read more than I am supposed to. I don't want to just slump one month because I am already ahead in reading.

I am currently reading 13 books. Some for school, some for personal reading, some for devotions. Some will be finished in a few days. Some will be finished in a few weeks. Some will not be finished until the end of the year.

I love reading!

You can explore so much of our past and present and gain so much knowledge and encouragement!

Read A Book Today!

Each month for the Reading Challenge we are supposed to do an update and link up. This month I read....

A Time to Love (Quilts of Lancaster County, #1)
A Time to Love (Quilts of Lancaster County, #1)
Cameron, Barbara
I really liked this book. It was really good. I am currently reading book 2. This was definitely Christian Fiction, read for fun.

Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear
Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear
Lucado, Max
This book was started on January 1, and was read as part of my daily devotions. It was very good. I won this in a giveaway in 2011 and hadn't read it yet. I really needed it, just at this time. Such a  God-incidence. Fearless. Can you live a fearless life? Can I? God tells us over and over not to fear. Trust! Hope! These are the things God wants us to do. 

Bulletproof George Washington: An Account of God's Providential Care
Bulletproof George Washington: An Account of God's Providential Care
Barton, David
This was read for school. Christopher read it himself and I wanted to read it since I didn't remember ever reading it before. It was very good. A telling of the story of one of the battles of the French and Indian War.  

Daniel Boone: The Opening of the Wilderness (Landmark Books #21)
Daniel Boone: The Opening of the Wilderness (Landmark Books #21)
Brown, John Mason
I loved this book.  I did a full review of this book on my blog - HERE.If you are interested, go read it.
 
Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness
Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness
Bure, Candace Cameron
A very good book. Great for spiritual and physical uplifting. Not enough to get me back to exercising but gave me a lot to think about. Hopefully I will be feeling better soon and then I will get back to exercising.
 
Captain Cook Explores the South Seas (World Landmark Books #19)
Captain Cook Explores the South Seas (World Landmark Books #19)
Sperry, Armstrong
This was also a good book. I love Landmark books for school! I did not know much about Captain Cook before reading this book. I highly recommend it for everyone. Boys will especially love the danger and excitement of the high seas.
 
George Washington: Frontier Colonel
George Washington: Frontier Colonel
North, Sterling
A good book. A general overview of the early years of service George Washington preformed for his country. He had great insight, even in his young years in army.
 
The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith Series #2)
The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith Series #2) (Acts of Faith Series #2)
Bunn, Davis and Oke, Janette
Love.These.Books. I am reading this series on my Nook. I got the first book of this series for free and bought book 2 and 3 with a gift card my friend Michele gave me. These take historical events and weave a fictional story around them and especially around the main characters who are not biblical characters, but could have been. Add in some actual biblical characters as "minor" characters in the book and you have got me hooked! I love Janette Oke and have for a long time. Pair her up with T. Davis Bunn and you have a Wonderful Book. This one covers Peter and healing as well as the stoning of Stephen and the persecution of the early church. I highly recommend this series.


That is 8 books in March!! I am 4 book ahead!

Here are the previous updates if you are interested:

Reading Challenge ~ February Update


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails