Mocha With Linda. Thanks Linda, these are good questions.
1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie? Both. Sometimes I read first then see the movie, other times I have seen the movie first then read the book. I don't prefer it one way or the other.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas... I love the family time, the time off from school, the decorating, the cookies, shopping for just the right things, stuffing the stockings, wrapping the gifts, going caroling as a family to the older folks and pastors of our church, decorating the tree on Black Friday, and much more. I love everything about Christmas... especially celebrating the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as a baby. With Christmas there wouldn't be an Easter. With Easter I would still be living in my sins.
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach? I don't know. I spend little time in or on either. If I had to choose I guess I would choose mountains.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive? Toyota mini-van, of my own. It would be nice to have two cars.
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage? White Hot Chocolate from Dunkin' Donuts. Second favorite is Land-O-Lakes specially flavored hot chocolate packets.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook? Facebook and Internet I guess, though my best friends are my hubby and kids so that would be face-to-face.
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box? Mailbox on side of house right by front door.
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.) Choleric would be dominate I guess, then a little Sanguine since I like large gatherings and I am loud (though I do follow through and finish things and I hate to be late so not that part of Sanguine), not much of the other two.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20? Being fit and able to get so much done in a day. I am so old and tired these days.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning? I don't head out the door but I am quick to get ready. I can be ready to go in less than 15 minutes in the mornings. If I must shower than add 15 minutes to that for a total of 30 min.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family? Hubby
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited? 21: California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia
Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:
The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.
A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.
A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
all content on my blog is ©