Sunday, October 31, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 19

I am participating in the 30 Day Blog Challenge
hosted by Katie @ Katie’s Journey
 
I am behind in my challenge. Friday's challenge was:
Day 19 - Something you miss
This is one I had to think about for a while. I do have people I miss. Some who are now in heaven and some who are just far away that I don't get to see often. Some of the things I miss have to do with people I miss.

I miss the small town I lived in in Pennsylvania. There were lots of places to walk to "up town", lots of little shops and stores, and it was a great price to ride bikes also. Here in DE where we live my hubby will not let us walk the streets, he fears danger for us, and there is no place to ride bikes either. If we want to take a walk we have to drive to somewhere.

I miss walks "up town" with my dad. Walking on the "wall" in front of the church. Going to the farmer's market for lunchmeat for his lunches for the week, getting fresh potato chips from the Charlie Chips man, and getting plants or flowers for my mom. Stopping at my favorite little shops on the way home from school for new mice dressed up like people or a couple pieces of penny candy was another favorite thing to do.

I miss large movie theaters with huge screens. The one by my home was ornate, like a theater that has plays in it, and they played cartoons on Saturday's before the feature film!! It was great. I also liked it that I could walk there with my friends and walk home again.

That is all I can think of right now. Now to work on yesterday's challenge and then today's.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails