Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Dozen - 10/13/10

Time for Random Dozen. I am participating again this week.

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.) I can't think of one for myself but my dd Rachel first pronounced undiluted as "un-dyu-la-ted" and just could not figure out what it meant. We have teased her for years about it. It is a standing joke in our house.

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.") I use them all the time. U know. Some more than others, like dd, ds, dh, 13yo, lol, rofl. Sometimes when I see shortcuts on the Internet I have to look them up, sometimes because I have never seen that shortcut, sometimes because I just can't remember. Free Userbars


3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post. I look YOUNG, skinny, nice... way back in 1979.


5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory. If you are talking about me going back to my Alma Mater for homecoming I have not done that. I did go to my high school reunions two different years, but that was years ago also. My Alma Mates always do things that are way to expensive for my hubby and I to afford to go to. I also do not remember much about the homecomings while I was still in school. That was way to long ago. 

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" Sunsets... I hope to still be sleeping at the time of most sunrises, except in the winter when the days are short.

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"  See the Grand Canyon and some other places in the Mid-West.

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"  Don't want to or plan to come back as an animal or anything else. I am a Christian and the one life I get to lead I hope I lead for the Glory of God.

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location. Ten years ago I was right where I am now geographically. This is the longest we have lived in one place since we got married.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat? I try not to do it out loud, but sometimes I do. Too many times I gloat inwardly and that is almost as bad as it gives me a superior attitude towards others that I shouldn't have.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?" Do I have to pick just one?? Candy with caramel would be on the top of the list. Ice cream next. Other desserts with caramel are good too. I don't like caramel apples, too messy, but I do like apples cut up and dipped in caramel dip.

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.) OOOOHHHHH this is hard also. The Waltons? I love that family, so supportive and I love Momma and Grandma's biblical ways. The Ingalls? I love, love, love, Little House on the Prairie... the t.v. version or the real one. Ma is so wonderful. So kind and inventive. I also love that time period in history and all the family togetherness before the technology took over the family. I could go on and pick some other favorites... but I will stop with those two.

Join us in doing your own Random Dozen or just reading the others by going back to the top of this post and clicking the donut button.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails