Monday, April 2, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 62



 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

A terrible week. I felt horrible. I did get some things accomplished but my sinus problems kept me from accomplishing all my goals, not bad considering the pain I was in and the sleepless night I had on Wed. night. Good thing the boys were sick this week also. If they had been healthy I would have done school with them... since they were sick too, I could rest a little.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide.  Done
  2. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Not Done - I have been skipping the music part... I want to get back to listening and singing praises to my Lord... Music has such an affect on me.
  3. Pray Daily. Not Done- I am striving to do better with praying. I want to use my prayer book that I made myself. I am beginning to write notes to put in there and want to use it daily to remember to pray for others.
  4. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com Not Done
  5. Read  ch. 14 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study on Friday. We are meeting this week instead of the 6th, because the 6th is Good Friday. Then we will do the last chapter of the book on April 20th. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes. Done - for the days we did school that is. The boys got sick and we only did school on Monday and Tuesday. Back to it this week as they are mostly better now.
  2. Get Nathan to do all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left. Even though he has less subjects to complete he is not getting them done daily which means he is further behind. If he wants to graduate in May he will have to get a move on!! Done
  3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week. Done
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday. Done
  2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well. Partly Done - since this is a meme I do each Monday, I am counting this... however, I didn't do any others... my sinus trouble caused me to not be interested in thinking or writing blog posts.
  3. Post my yearly goal update for March on March 31st.  Not Done - I will be working on it this afternoon, after school. I just plain forgot.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Partly Done - I commented at our hostess' blog @ Mama Manuscripts I meant to comment on the other 2 ladies blogs that linked up, but I forgot. Sorry ladies.
  2. Log books into Book Collector software. I am working on my personal fiction books. Done - I spent a whole day working on this and got more than half of a tub logged in. It was work I could do that didn't use to much brain power and I did it while watching movies in my room while the boys were sick.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, Book 2). I have some books to read for History and I may also read part of Emma by Jane AustenDone - I actually finished the book this week. I also read some of Emma and started reading Time to Heal by Barbara Cameron.
  4. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. My hubby is back to eating gluten free, so that threw a wrench in my cooking plans. I need to work on my menus for April and figure out some things to make my hubby that are gluten free. Not Done - this was a terrible week for chores and cooking. Most night we fended for ourselves. No on felt like cooking. Saturday Rachel did make pizza, including gluten free for her dad. I need to get meal planning for April done early this week, before I have to cook on Thursday.
  5. Figure out what to do about the Saturday chores and get at least some of them done. Not Done - I did not care about Saturday chores this week, besides the sinus problems Saturday was our last day of membership at Winterthur after having a membership there for years. It was a sad day. It was cold and rainy but my hubby and Jessica and I went and walked around anyway. Pictures will be posted later this week. Gotta have time to work on them... or maybe I will put them in digital scrapbook pages... but that takes a long time. I'll decide later... maybe I will post them and then scrapbook them later.
  6. Scrapbook. I want to do both paper scrapbooking Done - I made the header for my Facebook Timeline.
  7. and spend some time playing with my new Scrapbook software, My Memories. Done - I got 2 pages done.
  8. Work on History plans. I am almost caught up to the things I already have planned. I may, though, stop after the few plans I have and wait until next year to start. The next subjects are the people of the Revolutionary War and then the War itself. I think I will just leave that for next year and after finishing Catherine the Great, Haydn, and Mozart stopping History and concentrate on Science... we have a whole unit of Astronomy to finish in only 8 weeks. Not Done - I decided not to work on this. We are finishing the History I have planned already and stopping after Mozart. We will have more time to finish up the Science unit on Astronomy as I have so much I would like to cover. So... I can put the History planning off until summer.
For this week that is 10 Done, 1 Partly Done, and 8 Not Done


My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide. 
  2. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  3. Pray daily. Get the requests from my internet friends, Growth Group and Ladies Bible Study put onto notes and into my prayer book
  4. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com   
  5. Read some of A Morning Cup of Prayer for Friends.
  6. Read some of My Utmost for His Highest - supposed to be doing before bed each night... I am way behind.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes.
  2. Get Nathan to do all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left. Even though he has less subjects to complete he is not getting them done daily which means he is further behind. If he wants to graduate in May he will have to get a move on!!
  3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week.
  4. Start our Astronomy Unit.
  5. Read Catherine the Great (World landmark books, 29)  for History.
  6. Get the questions and essay done for A Man for All Seasons... we are behind because of being sick last week. I think we can do both though and finish the week caught up on this.
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday.
  2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well.
  3. Post my yearly goal update for March. It's already April and it's late!
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Log books into Book Collector software.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading A A Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County, #2)Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County, Book 2) (type link goes to Amazon, picture link goes to Goodreads). This is a library book and I want to get it read before it has to go back. I have one other library book out for personal reading, I may have to send that one back and reserve it again... I don't know how many times I have renewed it. I have books to read aloud for History and Science, for homeschooling, and I need to keep working on Emma by Jane Austen.
  4. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. My hubby is back to eating gluten free, so that threw a wrench in my cooking plans. I need to work on my menus for April and figure out some things to make my hubby that are gluten free. I will also need to help the kids to create some gluten free dinners or do dad's meal separately until we get things planned and worked out. They all seem to need help with this.
  5. Figure out what to do about the Saturday chores and get at least some of them done.
Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us. I have been doing this for more than a year now and setting weekly goals is really helping me keep focus and achieve more. Have a great week.

 
all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails