Wow! Time flies! I can't believe it is February already. Time for the first update on how I am doing with my goals. January held a lot of surprises. Especially surprising was my husband's trip to see extended family in Western PA, more than 6 hours from our house; and then my going with him there again to go to his Uncle's Funeral. Well... here is the update.
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
A link to the previous updates and the original goal post will be at the bottom of the page in case you want to see them.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- I will be reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado for my first book for devotions. I have had it for a while and wanted to read it. I think now is the time.
- I am reading God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late and then I did not keep up. The church is wrapping up this study but I am just beginning. That is ok... I will take it at my pace and really dig in.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own eduation.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See above)
- Some will be about homeschooling. Not yet.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. Yup... Read: By Wagon and Flatboat and started a few others.
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. Not yet.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I am starting by reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure to hopefully help with my fitness goals. I read 5 chapters of Reshaping it all.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Check out how I did on reading in January at my Reading Challenge ~ January Update
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. For now I am working on the posts for board games to play for school. Done.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan January meals. Done. Actually, I took over all the cooking and chores (with some help from my hubby) for a while in January. We are back to sharing the cooking and chores, but differently than we were doing. Hopefully it will keep working. I have most of the meals I have to cook in February planned as well and the rest of the family is supposed to be finished planning by Sat evening.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. Done.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Sorta... have to be more consistent here.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate. Nope. I will give it another week or so... then do an update.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Nope... definitely not.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon. Done. We had the trip to his Uncle's funeral. We went to Shady Maple, just he and I.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. Nope... but one is planned for Valentines evening.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. Nope... Christopher keeps putting it off.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
all content on my blog is ©