Here are my goals for 2012!
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- Things to do daily or weekly to help me reach these goals in 2012
- Publishing my goals on my blog
- Printing my goals, laminating them, and keeping them posted on my desk
- Doing a monthly update on how I am doing with my yearly goals
- and Doing the Goal Planning Monday to set and meet weekly goals
I read this slideshow the other day that I had downloaded a while back. Here is a link to the complete file if you want to see it or download it. 40 Pieces of Advice. I don't agree with a few of the things, and one or 2 are not appropriate for children, just so you know that. A few of the many things listed there made me think and I wanted to share them with you. These fit right in with my goals since they are all things to think or do...
- Listen to good music every day: it is true food for the spirit
- When you wake up each morning say the following: "Today my goal is ______________."
- Play more games than last year
- Read more books than last year
- Look at the sky at least once a day and realize what a magnificent world you live in (and I would add to that what a glorious Creator we have)
- Eat more natural foods than manufactured ones (that would help with my weight loss goal
- Eat berries and nuts and drink green tea, lots of water and ...(I would skip the wine)
- Try each day to make at least 3 people simile
- Eliminate disorder in your home, your car and your desk, and let new enery flow into your life. ( I would have more energy if my home and especially bedroom were neater and stayed neater. I will be working on this).
- Don’t waste your precious time gossiping or regretting the past or in negative thoughts or in worrying about things beyond your control. Better to convert your energy in that what is positive in the present. (I really need these ones. Especially the regretting the past, negative thoughts and worrying.)
- Realize that life is a school and that you are here to learn. Problems are life lessons from which you learn. (Part of my devotions this morning from James 1:1-7)
- Don’t miss any opportunity to hug somebody you appreciate (I love hugs)
- Remember that you don’t always have control over what happens, but you do have control over what you do with the experience.
- Learn something new every day. (No problem with homeschooling and all the reading I will be doing)
- Call your family often and send them messages saying that you are thinking of them. (I need to do more of this... especially with my brothers and their wives.)
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed. ("Count your Blessings... Name them one by one... and it will surprise you what the Lord Has Done!"
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. Our church is providing a list of readings for doing the Bible in chronological order. I still am not sure if I will be doing that. A couple of my children are interested and if it will help them I may join in and do it also. For now I will be reading a book of the Bible (more in depth), reading a Godly Christian book, taking notes in a journal, listening to Christian music daily, and praying.
- I am starting with the book of James.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- I will be reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado for my first book for devotions. I have had it for a while and wanted to read it. I think now is the time.
- I am reading God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late and then I did not keep up. The church is wrapping up this study but I am just beginning. That is ok... I will take it at my pace and really dig in.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Drink 48-64 oz of water a day
- Eat more fruit and veggies throughout the day
- Keep track of everything I eat in a food journal.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own eduation.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about.
- Some will be about homeschooling.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school.
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I am starting by reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure to hopefully help with my fitness goals.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- I was going to join the Reading - 100+ Books Challenge again but I do not see that she has posted there in a long time. I don't know if she will be doing it again. I may join the challenge my dd is doing or I may look for another one. I will work on this in the next week or 2. Last year I read 51 books out of the 100 which was my goal. My goal for 2012 is to read more than 51... and strive for 100.
- I am currently reading Julia's Last Hope.
- I also have some book loaded on my Nook to read soon.
- I want to order some more Tales of Grace Chapel Inn from the library. I am on book 10 Something Old, Something New by Jane Orcutt.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. For now I am working on the posts for board games to play for school.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan January meals
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids.
My friend Michele wanted to know if I linked up for my yearly goals anywhere. I do not, but I decided if you are setting yearly goals and would like to join me in doing a monthly update on how you are doing I will provide a way for you to link up with me. I provided the buttons below that you can use at the top of your post. They will link to the goal label of my blog. Each month on or near the first (I will strive really hard to be consistent and get it posted early on the 1st of each month), I will post my update and with it these buttons and a linky so my friend Michele, and any others want to link up, can do so. I made the buttons in 2 sizes. I like the large one but I thought some might like a smaller one. Just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the each post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.