Saturday, December 31, 2011

Final Yearly Goals Update for 2011 ~ Dec. 31st


Wow, the year went fast. Can't believe the year is over already.  I wanted to stay accountable for achieving my 2011 goals. I wanted to do better than last year. I wanted to remind myself what my goals are and keep working toward them. So I did updates. I did much better than last year. My most discouraging aspect is my weight. I struggle so with it. When I am sad or stressed I eat more chocolate.

The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a http://zaazu.comsmiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.

Personal Goals:
Spiritual 
  • Be more consistent with my personal devotions. 
    • http://zaazu.comOur church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. We were using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible. I read the whole Bible. I did it. I am so happy to have done this. I enjoyed it. I was pretty consistent with reading and never got more than a week behind without catching up. Most of the time I stayed caught up.
Health and Fitness
  • Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011. 
    • I was very inconsistent with this this year. I have not been exercising regularly. When I got on the Wii today it said it had been almost a month. I do not feel more fit. I let this slip at the end of the year. I was doing much better from February to April getting to my lowest weight 237.9. Unfortunately I am right back at the same weight I was Jan. 2011. Oh, well. I will not give up. I will continue on in Jan. and get back to exercising.
  • Eat better and loose weight. Drink more water. 
    • I was very inconsistent with this this year. I have been eating way to many things I shouldn't lately. I have been still drinking my water. Next year I want to end the year as well as I start and not gain back all the weight in Nov. and Dec.
Educational
  • Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics. 
    • http://zaazu.com I have not really been reading any books on homeschooling. I have been doing personal for fun reading and lots of reading of spiritual books too for Sunday School and Ladies Bible Study. The spiritual books are definitely educational so I am counting those.
  • Work on my own writing projects. 
    • I have other things that have taken priority. I don't have any plans to work on these in 2012. They will be taken off my goal list.
Personal/Leisure
  • Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking. 
    • I have not done this as I had hoped to during my 2 weeks off at Christmas. I still have not scrapbooked. I have been working on updating my photo files and that has taken a lot more time than I thought it would. I want to get back to scrapbooking in 2012. I enjoy it so much.
  • Read some books for pleasure. 
    • http://zaazu.com I have finished a lot of books since the last check in. I have read 51 books in 2012. I will be doing this reading challenge again in 2012 and hope to read even more books. I already have some I want to start on in 2012 and now I have my Nook that my Mom, Sister and Brother-in-law bought me for Christmas so I can read with that too.
  • Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
    • http://zaazu.com I have done pretty well. I posted 38 posts in Nov. and 10 in Dec. Dec. has been very busy.
    • http://zaazu.com I did one Blast From The Past post in Dec. I have to keep remembering that I started doing this to record our family history, not so that I could become a mega blogger with tons of people following me and joining my meme. I did one meme this week that I enjoy and I did the weekly goals meme. I have also been working on the posts about board games for school. I plan to have more of them up in Jan.
Homeschool Goals:
  • Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log.
    • http://zaazu.comI have been keeping up with this and doing well. We did not do much school in Dec. because of sickness and then Christmas. But what we did do I recorded. Next week... back to it!
  •  Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
    •  http://zaazu.com I was being consistent with reviewing the workboxes but the boys have not finished all 12 boxes most days. We had much sickness in Dec. Hopefully we can get back to it and really get on the ball for the rest of the school year.
  • Complete the TOS Homeschool Crew Review Year.
    • I withdrew from the crew.
Family/Relationship Goals:
  • Healthier Eating for the family
    • I was very inconsistent with this this year. Of course I cannot control what others eat but I can make sure we have healthy choices in the house and limit unhealthy choices by not buying them myself. I can't keep my husband from buying them, nor my daughter from cooking yummy treats, however. I did well with this at the beginning of the month and then things sagged as the kids made more and more cookies and then we got Christmas candy, and then celebrated 2 birthdays. I will be concentrating on this in the new year and will be buying more fruit and veggies instead of junk food.
  • Exercise at home - keep the boys working our on the Wii at least 30 min. a day Mon. - Fri.
    • The boys were starting to do well with this before everybody got sick at the beginning of Dec. Hopefully they will get back to it.
  • More singing as a family
    • http://zaazu.comWe sang for special music in Dec. and we sang for the Christmas play. It was very stressful practicing.... their is always a struggle practicing and then the performances are so blessed by God. It is hard.
  • Family evening read-aloud time consistently. 
    • This has been out of my control. I want to do this but will not be making it a goal next year since it depends more on my husband wanting to do family time in the evening.
  • Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys. 
    • I have still not been doing it. We are still on Little House in the Big Woods. I need to make it a priority at least 3 nights a week. I have not read to the boys since March. I need to talk to the boys about this. We have just not made it a priority.
  • Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
    • We have just been so busy. Everyone has been cooking but we have not planned ahead... we just cook whatever fits that day's schedule and what we have in the house. I will be putting meal planning on my goal list but only counting if I meal plan... not everyone else.
  • Spend more time with my dear husband 
    • http://zaazu.com Time alone with hubby has been on the way to, between, or on the way home from Dr. appointments and medical tests or at breakfast or lunch out after or between those appointments. I am glad I have been able to be there for him. He is getting serious about his health. The E.R. scare he had last month really woke him up. Some time ago he promised to play games with me and we still have not done that.
  • Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
    • http://zaazu.comI think it is Christopher's turn again. We will start this up in the new year again. It was to crazy in Dec. to do this, besides the sickness we had. I did play games and on the Wii with the kids but in groups not really individually.
So, that is my yearly goal update. I have 10 things with smiling smiley faces and 9 with sad smiley faces so more things are done then undone. I am proud that I did not quit. I am glad that I set, posted and tried to meet some goals. I will not be setting any goals for the family next year that depend on others... it just is not fair to me to have to feel like I must put a sad face on but it is not in my control. If I take off the things that were out of my control then I have only 5 sad faces. I also accomplished a lot of things from weekly goals that are not here on my yearly goal list. It was a good year all in all, considering my husband started and ended the year unemployed. God is Good All the Time, All the Time, God is Good.

Did you make goals for this year? How did you do on your goals?
Now that I am done this post I can work on my post for my goals for next year. http://zaazu.com

Keep track of your goals and how you are doing will help you achieve much next year.


all content on my blog is ©

2 comments:

Michele said...

Good job being consistent with your goals posts! I think i would like to do this for 2012! Did you follow a meme or it this just something you made up? I totally agree with you taking goals off your list that you have no control over. We can not rely on other people to make our own goals happen! I think you are very brave to post all your goals and also what you have been inconsistent with! You inspire me! I hope you and i can spend more time together in 2012 my friend! I hope to see you in church tomorrow
Love you

Susan said...

That sad smiley is so expressive. ;0)

I need to set some goals this year myself. I've tried that in the past and always get to about February and give up.

Good for you for sticking with it and making an assessment of where you're at and what you need to change. I think you're doing pretty well. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails