Monday, December 26, 2011

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 48


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

This is the last GPM for the 2011 year. The next update will be in 2012. This week was family first so my goals reflected that and because of that I did not accomplish a few of the other goals.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Keep up with reading the Bible in a Year. Partly Done I am now behind on my Bible Reading by a day or 2 but will be caught up and finished reading the whole Bible by Sunday! I must make this a first thing in the morning priority or I get too busy and don't get it done. It must be God and my Bible reading first... then other things.
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com  Not Done
  3. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. Done I didn't read much but I did read some.... I'm counting it.
Homeschool Goals
    No Goals. No Homeschooling until January 4th.
Blog Goals  
  1. Get back to doing the regular memes that I participate in. Not Done
  2. Post Blast from the Past on Tuesday. Done
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Done I commented at our hostesses blog @ Mama Manuscripts, and at Shannon's Blog @ Mom Loves Books
  2. Clean the house in preparation for my Mom coming and Christmas. Done I had a lot of help
  3. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am now reading Spring's Gentle Promise (Seasons of the Heart Series book 4), the last book in the series. I should have time to read during #4. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far. Done
  4. Drive to PA, pick up my Mom, take her to get her B12 shot then to the Eye Dr.  Then she is coming back to stay at our house through Jan. 4th. Done
  5. Shop for stocking stuffers for my hubby. I also need some little Christmas gift bags for the gifts I made for the family. Done
  6. Play games with the family. Done
  7. Wrap Christmas Presents. Done
  8. Go to Christmas Eve party at my sister's house. We may leave early and go to our church's Christmas Eve Service or we may stay late at my sister's. We will decide that night.
  9. Watch Christmas movies as a family. Done
  10. Help make Christmas cookies... and then eat a bunch. Partly Done, I did eat a bunch but I never had time to help make them. Other things took more time than I thought they would. I was also fighting a sore throat and cold the 2 days Rachel was baking. 
For this week that is 9 Done, 2 Partly Done, and 2 Not Done. I count that as a successful week.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Catch up with reading the Bible in a Year.
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
  3. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. 
Homeschool Goals
    No Goals. No Homeschooling until January 4th.
Blog Goals    
  1. Get my yearly goals post updated with how I did on my goals from 2011. I want it posted Sat. for New Year's Eve.
  2. Get my yearly goals post ready to post on Jan. 1st for my 2012 goals. I really need to take time to work on this and pray over what things God would like me to accomplish next year.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Clean my bedroom. My bedroom is a mess from storing and wrapping gifts in there. I also have clothes to put away.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am now reading Julia's Last Hope It is one of the individual books Janette Oke wrote and not part of a series. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far.
  4. Play games with the family.
  5. Watch movies as a family. I don't know if we have any more Christmas movies to watch, but I am sure we will watch something. It is one of the few things we can do with my mom.
  6. Play on the Wii with the kids.
  7. Work on getting files backed up to the external drives.
    The goals this week are family oriented. The next week is just for family, entertaining my mom, and relaxing.


    How about you? Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us.


    all content on my blog is ©

    1 comment:

    Shannon said...

    You did better than I did on your goals this week... I didn't have near so many as you! I like your set up (spiritual, homeschool, etc...) I might have to adopt that myself!

    Yearly goals... I think I did some last year, I should go back and look. Keep myself accountable! LOL!

    Shannon

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails