Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yearly Goals Update ~ December


Wow, the year went fast. Can't believe it is December already.  I wanted to stay accountable for achieving my 2011 goals. I wanted to do better than last year. I wanted to remind myself what my goals are and keep working toward them. So I am doing updates.

The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a http://zaazu.comsmiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.

Personal Goals:
Spiritual 
  • Be more consistent with my personal devotions. 
    • http://zaazu.comOur church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. We are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible. I am all caught up and read all of Philemon today.
Health and Fitness
  • Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011. 
    • I have not been exercising regularly. I had hoped to start back up yesterday but I did not. Hopefully I will have the self control and discipline to start back up soon.
  • Eat better and loose weight. Drink more water. 
    • http://zaazu.comI have done well with my water intake, though I have been eating to much junk.
Educational
  • Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics. 
    • http://zaazu.com I have not really been reading any books on homeschooling. I have been doing personal for fun reading and lots of reading of spiritual books too for Sunday School and Ladies Bible Study.
    • Work on my own writing projects. 
      • I was working on the History Unit study projects and the E-book on Homeschool Organizing I was writing. I have other things that have taken priority. I plan to keep working on these, but don't know when.
    Personal/Leisure
    • Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking. 
      • I have not done this but hope to spend time doing it during my 2 weeks off at Christmas.
    • Read some books for pleasure. http://zaazu.com
      • I have finished a lot of books since the last check in. I have read all the Love Comes Softly series and I am on book 9 of the series Tales from Grace Chapel Inn. I am currently reading Once Upon A Summer by Janette Oke. There are 4 books in that series.
    • Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
      • http://zaazu.com I have done pretty well. I posted almost every day in Thanksgiving for the 30 day challenges I did.The days I missed posting I made up.
      • I skipped a couple weeks of Blast From The Past posts because of busyness. No one has been joining me either.I have to keep remembering that I started doing this to record our family history, not so that I could become a mega blogger with tons of people following me and joining my meme.
      • http://zaazu.com I posted 16 posts in October and 37 posts in November.
    Homeschool Goals:
    • Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log.
      • http://zaazu.comI have been keeping up with this and doing well.... now to keep going.
    •  Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
      •  http://zaazu.com I am being consistent with reviewing the workboxes but the boys have not finished all 12 boxes most days. They did well on Monday because hubby and I were home all day. Yesterday and today was not as good. But they did enough school to count it as a day. They need to be more disciplined even if I am not watching over them every minute.
    • Complete the first half of my 3rd year on the TOS Homeschool Crew Review 
      • I withdrew from the crew.
    Family/Relationship Goals:
    • Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys. 
      • I have still not been doing it. We are still on Little House in the Big Woods. I need to make it a priority at least 3 nights a week. I have not read to the boys since March. I need to talk to the boys about this. We have just not made it a priority.
    • Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
      • We have just been so busy. Everyone has been cooking but we have not planned ahead... we just cook whatever fits that day's schedule and what we have in the house.
    • Spend more time with my dear husband 
      • http://zaazu.com Time alone with hubby has been on the way to, between, or on the way home from Dr. appointments and medical tests or at breakfast or lunch out after or between those appointments. I am glad I have been able to be there for him. He is getting serious about his health. The E.R. scare he had last month really woke him up.
      • http://zaazu.comHubby has promised to play games with me but we have not done it yet. Yet, is a word that I have learned to put on the end of sentences. It gives hope for the future.
    • Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
      • http://zaazu.comI think it is Christopher's turn again. Rachel and I spent some time last week working on an Advent calendar with her.
    So, that is my yearly goal update. I have 11 things with smiling smiley faces and 6 with sad smiley faces so more things are done then undone. Things are looking good for my yearly goals. Only 3 weeks left.
    Did you make goals for this year? How are you doing on your goals? Keep track of your goals and how you are doing will help you achieve much this year.


    all content on my blog is ©

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails