This is my update. I want to stay accountable for achieving my 2011 goals. I want to do better than last year. I want to remind myself what my goals are and keep working toward them. I missed doing the update the First of July but at least I got it done the first week.
The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a smiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.
- Be more consistent with my personal devotions.
- Our church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. We are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible. I am starting Jeremiah.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011.
- Eat better and loose weight. I have been doing great on drinking my water.
- Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics.
- I need to work on finishing:
- How to Have a H.E.A.R.T. For Your Kids by Rachael Carman
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. (I got a new copy from my pastor at church because mine was still lost. The next day I found my copy. So funny the way those things happen.) The part in parenthesis happened months ago and I still have not finished reading this... this is top of my list of to-do's for this week.
- Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging your Husband by the wives of 12 prominent Christian leaders. Challenging reading for marriage
- Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling - this will be one I work on finishing reading over the summer.
- Work on my own writing projects.
- I am working on the History Unit study projects and the E-book on Homeschool Organizing I was writing. I have other things that have taken priority. I plan to keep working on these but but don't know when. We just started school but I did not even finish the things on my Summer Goal list. So it is still waiting to be done.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Stuff is piling up on my scrapbooking table again, showing me that I have not made time to do this. I wanted to make time to work on it this summer but the time is ran away from me. For now I cannot do it because I have portfolio stuff from last year on my table to do. It is also difficult to scrapbook when Jessica keeps taking some of my stuff down to the living room to use for her scrapbooking and then doesn't work on it for days. It is all just excuses though. I need to make goals and priorities and then get them done.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- I finished reading Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella.
- I finished reading Back Home Again by Melody Carlson book one of the Grace Chapel Inn series
- I am also reading Emma but that is slow going. I need to read some of this each week or I will not be getting all the Jane Austen books read this year.
- While waiting for the next book in the Grace Chapel Inn series I plan to read one of the books from the Love Comes Softly series that I own and have not read for a long time.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I have done pretty well last week. I posted 8 posts in 6 days last week... much better.
- I quit my Blast From The Past I may do one this week. It is discouraging to not have anyone joining me. Maybe I need
- I posted 17 posts in July. June was 24 posts so that is not as good but July was really busy with preparing for school.
- Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log.
- I have been keeping up with this... but it is only day 6... so we will see if I keep it up for the long run.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- I am being consistent with reviewing the workboxes but the boys have not finished all 12 boxes yet. Tomorrow is another day.
- Complete the first half of my 3rd year on the TOS Homeschool Crew Review
- Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- We went to a movie and out to dinner one day for our anniversary. The next day we played miniature golf and went out to dinner again. We did not have the money to stay in a hotel but at least we got to spend the 2 days together. It was so nice. I had been spending so much time planning school it was good to take 2 days off for fun.
- Hubby has promised to play games with me but we have not done it yet.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
- Original post for my Goals 2011
- Goals Update Feb. 1
- Yearly Goals Update - March
- Yearly Goals Update - April
- Yearly Goal Update - May
- I apparently missed a June update oops...
- Summer Goal list
- Yearly Goal Update - July
Doing the weekly goals meme on Mondays helps too.
all content on my blog is ©