Here is this weeks Wednesday Hodgepodge which just so happens to be Volume 40.
1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute? Well, our home is pretty well stocked for food right now. We shopped at a discount store last week and stocked up on a lot of pantry stuff. We have 2 upright freezers in the basement and the fridge/freezer in the kitchen. We could make chicken anything, or Boxcar Children's Stew, or something with ground turkey. We have frozen veggies too! and I am sure my dd Rachel could whip us up something for dessert from her "stash" of ingredients in the basement and her plethora of recipes she has saved online and printed out, oh and now on Pinterest too!!
Wow! 40 is a lot!
Unless we're talking years and then its a little. ahem.
Click the button at the top to go to the host blog and link up with us.
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will? I could say my weight because I am not having much success these days. I give in to easily to pacifying myself with cake, candy and pizza when things are stressful, and things have been really stressful around here the past few weeks. But I am not giving up and I still hope for success in the future. So, what else can I think of??? I have a problem that I have had since high school, if not before. I feel guilty and sorry for things that are not my fault. I apologize and feel badly, sometimes for days. This of course feeds into my first problem and makes things worse. I keep trying to change this, with the Holy Spirit's help, but since it has been part of my character since High School I do not think I will ever get rid of it totally. One day I will be perfect, when I am with my Lord, until then I am still "under construction" so watch out!
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change? My love for my Lord and Savior, my husband and my children! Faithfulness is important to me. Build relationships by spending time with each of them!
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Yes! Why? Depends on who it is for and what occasion. I like to send funny birthday cards, most of the time, but other cards can and should be more serious. I have a couple serious loss/sickness cards in my card box right now and a funny birthday card I picked up for my daughters to give one of their brothers for their birthday! I can't wait for them to give that one!! LOL
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours? I would love some shell gathering because that would mean I was at a beach and I don't know when the last time was I was at the beach. We like to walk on the beach better during the off season though so maybe this fall the family and I can walk on the beach... my favorite beach is Ocean City, MD; my hubby and I had our first date there. Since I am not at the beach and have no idea when I will get there I would definitely say star gazing. My daughter and I were doing that just last week. We went to Longwood Gardens for the fountain show and while waiting for it to start we walked into the conservatory. Through the conservatory and out some doors they have some water lily ponds. They had some night blooming water lilies and we went out to see them. DD Jessica laid down on a bench and looked up at the stars. It was much darker at Longwood than near our house and it was so lovely. We had the waterlily area all to ourselves. It was so peaceful and I so needed that after the stressful weeks I had had.
6. Do you double or triple check things? Yes. If so, what? Blog posts, recipes, calendars, goals, lists for the grocery store, and probably a few other things too.
7. What's your favorite place for people watching? I am not really a people watcher unless it is my family. But If I am people watching it is usually cute kids and that would be anywhere and everywhere... Winterthur, Longwood Gardens, the grocery store, a restaurant, the library... and more.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am beyond excited to meet my friend Michele for lunch today. My son Christopher has a sore throat and is still in bed and we probably won't do any school today, if we do we may only do a few subjects like Bible, History, Historical Fiction, Science. I don't have to cook dinner tonight, it is Jessica's turn. So it should be a light, easy and enjoyable day and I should get a lot of things on my to-do list done or at least started!!!
all content on my blog is ©