It is Goal Planning Monday!!
How are you doing with your goals??
School is starting up for many of us homeschoolers... or at least serious planning is going on. Now would be a great time to make some goals for the week and join us in posting them, striving to meet them and then letting us know next week how you are doing.
Click on the button above to view all the Goal Planning Monday links and find out how to join up with us.
My Goals from last week and how I did:
- Keep up with reading through the Bible in a year. Done. I am caught up to today but have not done today's yet. I will do it as soon as I get to my room after the boys are done school.
- Keep reading Power of a Praying Wife and praying for my husband. Not Done. I need to get back to this. My hubby needs the prayer and I feel closer to him when I am regularly reading this and praying for him.
- Work on portfolios of school stuff from this past year. Not Done. I need to work on this and get it finished. School was harder last week than I thought it would be and I did not get much done in the evenings because we took a long time to get school done and I was worn out.
- Continue planning History for this coming year. Not Done. Same answer as #1 in homeschool.
- Keep up with recording the boys school each day and making sure they do all 12 workboxes. Done. At least I did this and school last week got done. Today is going so much better than last week because I got the boys to do the workboxes in the order I had them set up...that means we did our together subjects first and after lunch they can work on their individual boxes. Hopefully they will be all done by about 2pm.
- Exercise on the Wii at least 3 times for at least 30 min. each day. Done. Yippee! I am back to exercising regularly and lost weight.
- Drink water. Try for at least 48 oz a day... goal is to drink 64. Done.
- Eat better and track my food intake. I really want to lose more weight. Done. I lost 2.5 lbs last week.
- Blog at least 3 days this week. Done. I actually posted 8 times last week on 6 of the 7 days of the week, including GPM.
- Read and comment on all the posts by other Goal Planning Monday participants blogs and remember that I did it. Maybe I should start next week's post for Goal Planning Monday and record on that post when I am done this... maybe that would help. Done. I commented on the posts by Katrina @ Mama Manuscripts (host of GPM), Karen @ The Fruit of Her Hands, and Lori @ Keeping It Simple. They were the only participants last week, besides me of course. And, it really worked to put this plan in draft mode and enter their names as I commented on their blogs so that I could make sure to do all of them and make sure that no one else posted a link later in the week that I missed.
- Read and enjoy doing it. Done. I finished reading Back Home Again. On the way home from church on Sunday I was reading the book and I really got into it. I sat around at home and finished off the book. It was really good. I want to get the next one in the series and my daughter Jessica said that one of the girls told her there were 24 books in the series... Sarah and Rose... and all the Holman's, what have you done to me!!
- Have my day with Rachel this week. Partly Done. We still want to play a board game or something... but we did most of it.
- Get meal planning done for August. Partly Done. I planned this weeks meals... now I just have to plan the other 3 weeks.
- Keep up with reading through the Bible in a year.
- Keep reading Power of a Praying Wife and praying for my husband.
- Finish reading Prodigal God from last year at church. I lost my copy and then found it finally but never finished the book.
- Plan school for the rest of this week. I did not get this done over the weekend.
- Keep up with recording the boys school each day and making sure they do all 12 workboxes.
- Work on portfolios of school stuff from this past year.
- Continue planning History for this coming year.
- Exercise on the Wii at least 4 times for at least 30 min. each day.
- Drink water. Try for at least 48 oz a day... goal is to drink 64.
- Eat better and track my food intake. I really want to lose more weight.
- Blog at least 3 days this week.
- Since it is the first of August I need to post my yearly update that I post on the first of each month.
- Since my break from school is over I need to post how I did on my "summer" goals too.
- Read and comment on all the posts by other Goal Planning Monday participants blogs and remember that I did it.
- Read and comment on a bunch of Not Back to School Blog Hop posts... some from my friends and others I don't know. (link goes to my post for Not Back to School Blog Hop)
- Read Having a H.E.A.R.T for your Child and take some notes on paper or in a draft post for the review due in Sept.
- Get started planning the new Bible so I will be ready when the other student book comes in today or tomorrow.
- Play Flea Circus with my family again. Try and get my hubby and daughter Jessica to join us.
- Read and enjoy doing it. Pick a new just for fun book.
- Have my day with Christopher this week.
- Get meal planning done for the rest of August.
- Go to the mall and spend a little of my birthday money on candles from Yankee Candle before my coupon expires. I need a candle for the new glass shade I bought on my anniversary. I though my hubby had purchased a candle for me for my birthday that would fit with the shade but it doesn't. I want one in the same scent he got me for my birthday, Honeydew Melon, and then I want to find another scent I like. Maybe one of the new ones.
all content on my blog is ©