Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Fun with Randomness


I love doing the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Hodgepodge... such a cool word... Dictionary.com says it means, "a heterogeneous mixture; jumble," cool! heterogeneous... another cool word. I love the mix of questions. Just right for a "thinking about what I think" kind of post. So... join us in answering this jumble of heterogeneous questions posted by Joyce and let us know what you think! Just click the button at the top...
after you read my fabulous answers of course. 

1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day? We became more aware. My life has not changed much. I still homeschool my children, go to church, pray for my country and it's leaders, pray for our servicemen, police, fire, etc.; and live my life as best I can for the glory of God. I don't think I personally knew anyone that died that day. I do think about it occasionally and I personally know men who are fighting for our country. I pray for them more, I guess, and for those who serve in our communities, whenever I am reminded of all they do for all of us.
 
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight? No, I never felt my parents were to strict, but then I was a "good girl" and didn't cause much trouble. I was raised in a Christian home and went to church a couple times a week. I was saved at an early age and tried to please God and my parents. They say they spanked me but I don't remember ever being spanked. I feel Blessed to have been raised so well and by such faithful parents who loved me and cared for me.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself. I snore. I got teased about it terribly when I was younger and it kept me from going to sleepovers at friends houses. When I snored my so called friends treated me even more terribly. I also could not stay awake as long as they did. I was always the first one asleep. It was traumatizing. I had 2 friends who could sleep at my house and I at theirs, on occasion, I had a couple of sleepover birthday parties at my house as well, with just a few close friends that I knew would not tease me so badly.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated? Far to complicated, I am sure. I am a crazy lady... LOL Happy, sad, clean, messy, silly, serious, homeschool mom, scrapbooker, likes to sing, likes to read, blogger, overweight, on and off my "diet" every other day depending on a number of factors, hot flashes then chills down my arm, breaking into tears for some reason... or no reason, and more I am sure. Living with me, especially lately, has been a roller coaster for my family.
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food? Funnel Cake!!!  Finally, an easy question. 
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest? Earthquake and Hurricane and both last week!!! YIKES! We had to evacuate our home on Saturday... that was scary. The Earthquake was scary but for a shorter amount of time and we were not really close to the epicenter. I am not sure which would be scarier... I guess earthquakes because you can't prepare for them really. With the hurricane we knew days ahead and could prepare and leave. With tornadoes there is usually a watch out and you can take some precausions.
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not? I helped my mom and cleaned my room but I don't remember having assigned chores. I just pitched in and helped her. My siblings were much older than I was and were getting married and moving out while I was still very young. I don't remember being paid for doing chores but I think I got an allowance every week. Also, being the youngest with siblings 9, 12, and 15 years older than I was I got everything I needed and most of what I wanted. If my parents didn't buy it for me my sister did... she spoiled me. I do assign my children chores and have since they were young. I couldn't homeschool and keep house without them. I am planning a post on how we do our chores now. Maybe I can get it up this week.
That last question was inspired by a post Mindee wrote on Monday. Everyone go say hi to Mindee-she blogs at Our Front Door and she's funny. 
8. Insert your own random thought here. My family went on a field trip yesterday and ate out in honor of "You Don't Have to Get on the Big Yellow Bus" day. The first day of school for the public schools. We don't have to follow the public school's schedule and we celebrate that. I will do a post about it later or tomorrow... with pictures and a short video.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails