This is my update. I want to stay accountable for achieving my 2011 goals. I want to do better than last year. I want to remind myself what my goals are and keep working toward them. I missed doing the update the First of July but at least I got it done the first week.
The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a smiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.
- Be more consistent with my personal devotions.
- Our church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. I am all caught up and doing well. I have really enjoyed reading lately but maybe that is because we did Psalms in June and are now on Proverbs. We are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011.
- I was doing at least 4 days a week, with at least one day 45 minutes of exercise and one day an hour. So many things this summer have taken precedence and I have not done well with this. I plan to start back tomorrow. I have not been feeling as well or getting around as well since I stopped working out. I hope to work out at least 3 times for 20-30 minutes this week and work my way back up to more and longer workouts.
- Eat better and loose weight. I have been doing great on drinking my water.
- Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics.
- I have finished reading:
- Out on a Whim by Dave Meurer. Some chapters are so funny, but others are thought provoking and challenging. I need to do a review of it.
- Instructing a Child's Heart This book is for Ladies Bible Study. I am done with this, hubby and I are reading it together now.
- Now I need to work on finishing:
- Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging your Husband by the wives of 12 prominent Christian leaders. Challenging reading for marriage
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. I got a new copy from my pastor at church because mine was still lost. The next day I found my copy. So funny the way those things happen.
- Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling - this will be one I work on finishing reading over the summer.
- Work on my own writing projects.
- I am working on the History Unit study projects and the E-book on Homeschool Organizing I was writing. I have other things that have taken priority. I plan to keep working on these but but don't know when. I am working on planning school for next year and I am working on my summer to-do list. We will just have to wait and see how much writing I get done.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Stuff is piling up on my scrapbooking table again, showing me that I have not made time to do this. I wanted to make time to work on it this summer but the time is running away with me and I have a lot of planning to do. I have books and papers all over my bedroom. Hubby is getting tired of so many boxes being in the way. Maybe I will take one afternoon this week to do it because if I don't I will probably not ever get time... I have to make it a priority.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- I am almost done reading Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella but I am not sure what chapter I am on.
- I finished reading My Father's World by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. The first book from the Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister series.
- I am also reading Emma
- After I finish Somewhere a Song I plan to read some more of the Love Comes Softly series.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
Homeschool Goals:No goals here right now as we are in summer vacation. Instead of this see my summer goal update which I will post in a few minutes.
- Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
- Original post for my Goals 2011
- Goals Update Feb. 1
- Yearly Goals Update for March
- Yearly Goals Update for April
- Yearly Goal Update for May
- I apparently missed a June update oops...
- Summer Goal list
Doing the weekly goals meme on Mondays helps too.
all content on my blog is ©