1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in? The homes are the same. The home I grew up in is still there though it doesn't belong to anyone in my family now. The stores "up town" have mostly changed. Some have moved down the road a ways to bigger places and expanded, some are just gone. I remember the Woolworth's with the pet shop downstairs and the counter with the chairs that spun around where you could sit and purchase an old time milkshake or burger. Some times I miss the "good old days." I wish I could walk along the wall by the church holding my dad's hand, cross the street, go into the farmer's market and buy a bag of chips from the Charlie Chips man, a plant for my mom and some Lebanon bologna for my dad.
2. What song makes you laugh? Lots of songs make me laugh... but for today I choose this one...
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world? Since you asked and since I don't want to tell a lie... see the next question... we have seen all the Harry Potter movies. We don't own any of them and we haven't seen them in the theater. We have gotten them on Dvd from the library and watched them... for free. None of us read the books. None of us will be standing in line on Friday though my hubby and I were thinking of going to the movies... to see something else... maybe we should wait... it could be really crowded!
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever? I try not to knowingly tell a lie. I try and avoid the truth some times so I don't hurt someone's feelings. I am
sorry glad to say I don't remember any specific situations in which this has happened.
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better. Potatoes... and add some parsley too!!
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread? Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Dread... because of my weight. I know it should not matter, but it does.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one. Do I have to pick one??? If I have to pick I will pick... nope I can't pick. My sister used to have a Lilac and there are a few I love at Winterthur. I have a Hydrangea in my front garden I love it. I love the Peony garden at Winterthur. I love the smell of all three!! I just can't choose... and I won't.
from Winterthur spring 2011
Wish I had a picture of my Hydrangea.
It is beautiful.
It is too dark to take one now.
Maybe I will update this tomorrow with a picture of it.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Happy 27th Anniversary... tomorrow... to my sweetie. I love you so much.
all content on my blog is ©