Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 24

 
It is Goal Planning Monday!!

Yeah... I know it is Tuesday
I was busy yesterday and did not get this posted. I had a guest visit to talk with me. She is a first time homeschool mom with a son who is 4 1/2. She has labeled him A.D.D. She is pushing him. I am not sure if she is pushing to hard or if he is interested in reading and math like she says he is. She is so stressed and worried and she is going to be going back to work part time and yet she wants to homeschool him. She was raised in Venezuela and schools are a lot different there than here. I tried to help her the best I could. Gave her some suggestions and gave her my Rainbow Resource catalog from last year. I hope I helped. When she left I was worn out. I accomplished nothing else yesterday. I did not even get on my computer. I just vegged in front of the t.v. and watched what the boys were watching. She also does not have a strong faith. She is Catholic but does not regularly attend church. She is coming to our Ladies Bible Study on Fridays and is considering visiting our church. Please pray for Alba.

How are you doing with your goals??

Click on the button above to view all the Goal Planning Monday links and find out how to join up with us.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Keep reading Power of a Praying Wife. It was a challenge to pray every day in June for my husband. I did not finish in June but will keep going until I am done... and even then I want to keep praying for my husband, but I will take it off my goal list. Done.
  2. Keep up with reading through the Bible in a year. Partly Done.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Work on portfolios of school stuff from this past year. Not Done.
  2. Work on Nathan's Transcripts Done.
  3. Start planning school for this coming year... especially Science  Done.
  4. ... and History. Partly Done.
Health and Fitness Goals
  1. Exercise on the Wii at least 3 times 30 minutes each. Not Done.
  2. Drink more water. Try for 48 oz a day. Done.
 Blog Goals
  1. Post at least some of the Longwood photos from June 13. Not Done.
  2. Blog at least 3 days this week.  Not Done.
  3. Blog about 2 books I have read. Not Done.
  4. Read and comment on all the posts by other Goal Planning Monday participants Done.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Read and enjoy doing it. Done.
  2. One on one time with Jessica... it is her turn.  Not Done.
  3. Log books into Book Collector Done.
  4. Celebrate Nathan's Birthday. Done.
  5. Ladies Bible Study on Friday Done.
My goals for this coming week:

I only have 2 weeks until we are going to start school so the goals for this week are centered around being ready for school to start.

Spiritual Goals 
  1. Keep reading Power of a Praying Wife. It was a challenge to pray every day in June for my husband. I did not finish in June but will keep going until I am done... and even then I want to keep praying for my husband, but I will take it off my goal list. 
  2. Keep up with reading through the Bible in a year.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Work on portfolios of school stuff from this past year.
  2. Finish getting Nathan's Transcripts up to date.
  3. Get Christopher's notebook ready to keep track of his hours for High School.
  4. If I get 1-3 done then next is to continue working on planning school for this coming year. I am working on History.
Health and Fitness Goals
  1. Exercise on the Wii at least 3 times working up from 20 min to 30. 
  2. Drink more water. Try for at least 48 oz a day... goal is to drink 64.
 Blog Goals
  1. Blog at least 3 days this week.  
  2. Read and comment on all the posts by other Goal Planning Monday participants 
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Read and enjoy doing it.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails