The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a smiling smiley face in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated.
- Be more consistent with my personal devotions.
- Our church started a year long challenge to read through the Bible. I am 2 days behind right now but will catch up by Wed. I was further behind than that but caught up a bunch in the past few days. We are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible. I am finishing up II Chronicles.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2011.
- I was doing at least 4 days a week, with at least one day 45 minutes of exercise and one day an hour. Then I got sick and I have not really gotten back to full exercise mode. I exercised 4 days this past week but the longest was 40 minutes and today we took a long walk at Winterthur. The azaleas are out and a bunch of other flower... it was gorgeous. Look for a Winterthur post early next week.
- Eat better and loose weight. I have been doing great on drinking my water.
- Read some books on homeschooling and other educational topics.
- I finished reading Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp.
- Now I need to work on finishing:
- Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging your Husband by the wives of 12 prominent Christian leaders. Challenging reading for marriage
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. I got a new copy from my pastor at church because mine was still lost. The next day I found my copy. So funny the way those things happen.
- Today I started reading Out on a Whim by Dave Meurer. I am on chapter 10 already. I was looking for something lighthearted to read. Some chapters are so funny, but others are thought provoking and challenging. Look for a review of this soon. I should be finished this in a week or so.
- Instructing a Child's Heart This book is for Ladies Bible Study. We read a chapter every 2 years and will be done this book the first week of June. Then we will be taking the summer off.
- Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling - this will be one I work on finishing reading over the summer.
- Work on my own writing projects.
- I am working on the History Unit study projects and the E-book on Homeschool Organizing I was writing. I have other things that have taken priority in April. I plan to keep working on these but but don't know when. I am working on my need/want list for school for next year before we go to a homeschool convention in May. I also will be working on my summer to-do list. We will just have to wait and see how much writing I get done.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- I was reading Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella.I am on chapter 18of 46. That means I only read 7 chapters in April. Then the book had to go back to the library. I have it on order again and will work on finishing it when it comes back in at the library.
- For now I am going to start reading My Father's World by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. The first book from the Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister series.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- Be more consistent on recording daily in our school log,
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Complete the TOS Homeschool Crew Review Year.
- Healthier Eating -more fruits and vegetables as a family... especially the boys. The boys are doing a little better on this. I keep encouraging them to make healthier choices.
- Exercise at home
- More singing as a family
- Get back to evening read aloud time with the boys.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- I spent some time with hubby today at Winterthur. My camera batteries died and so I went to sit with him.
- I watched a movie with him this evening.
- Hubby is planning a date for Friday. Friday is also our last day of school. We will be celebrating the end of the year when we all go away to the homeschool conference later in May. I have Bible Study in the morning and then he is planning something. I don't know what. He said it is a surprise.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids having lunch in my bedroom alone and then doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games and/or computer games. Goal is one child a week, so they all get one afternoon with mom a month.Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. We can add time on the Wii together now
- Original post for my Goals 2011
- Goals Update Feb. 1
- Yearly Goals Update for March
- Yearly Goals Update for April
Doing the weekly goals meme on Mondays helps too.
all content on my blog is ©