Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spirit Filled Sunday ~ I Know My Redeemer Lives

"For I know that my Redeemer liveth and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:" 
Who said this???

Job

In Job 19:25

I read Job 18 and 19 yesterday for my devotions. We, as a church, were encouraged to read through the Bible in a year and we are using Daily Walk from Walk Thru the Bible.

Here is Job 19:26 

" and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:..."
Job was in the midst of a terrible trial.

Job 19:14,19-20 say,
"14My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
 19All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me.
 20My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
Yet he rises in his spirit and says, "I know that my Redeemer liveth..."



I don't know when that day will be that our Lord will come for us, but I know he lives and he will return. First to get his Bride the church and take her to heaven to be with him...

I Thes. 4:16-18
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
That will be a Great Day!!!



then he will poor out judgment upon the earth, then he will return to the earth and stand on it and judge all mankind.

Daniel 9
26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come [Antichrist] will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He [the Antichrist] will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” [inside parenthesis, mine]
Mark 13
 14 “When you see ‘the abomination that causes desolation’ standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let no one on the housetop go down or enter the house to take anything out. 16 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 17 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18 Pray that this will not take place in winter, 19 because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.
   20 “If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. 21 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. 22 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.
   24 “But in those days, following that distress,
   “‘the sun will be darkened,
   and the moon will not give its light;
25 the stars will fall from the sky,
   and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
   26 “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
   28 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 29 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. 30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    32But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
   35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”




all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails