Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blast From The Past Photos of My Dad in WWII days and a VJ Day video



Sorry this is late... with all the cleaning I just forgot. I need to get next weeks and the week after scheduled so I don't forget them while our company from Texas is visiting.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend images

In honor of Memorial Day
and in honor of my Father who died on Memorial Day 1976...
I am featuring my Dad.
Love you Dad.
Miss you.
Yours is the second face I want to see when I get to heaven and I want a big hug.

First are pictures of my dad at Indiantown Gap in 1941
He was stationed here before he went overseas to fight in the pacific.

Handsome Man




This photo was marked - Barracks Goro Kotton 1942
I am not sure where that is... I looked it up on Google and I did not get any more information.

I also embeded a video. My brother sent me the link to this... I just had to share it. This video does not have my dad in it as far as I know. I am not even sure where my dad was on VJ day. I do know he was in Hawaii at some point during the war, maybe before shipping out. He always wanted to take my mom back there. I got to go in 1981 with a college group but my mom never has gotten to go. I always wanted to take her and my hubby and go back. I love Hawaii.


VJ Day, Honolulu Hawaii, August 14, 1945 from Richard Sullivan on Vimeo.


I am also posting a picture of my mom at my dad's grave
Memorial Day 2010

Here are the Rules for participating:
The purpose of Blast From The Past is to link up a post about something from the past. You can reach back all the way to your childhood and bravely post pictures of you in your wild clothes and hair styles or post something from last year and tell us about it. I'm not picky. Hey, even yesterday was the past... LOL My posts will mostly be about events that happened prior to blogging, as a way to share those things with the world.
  • It can be about you, about your kids, about your parents, about whatever. For ideas check out the other posts in my label Blast From the Past. 
  • Please use a permalink that sends readers directly to the correct post. If you are not sure what that is click the work permalink for an explanation. 
  • Mention my blog and offer a link back to the main page of my blog. http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/ This is a requirement to take part and a kind gesture to me your hostess as well as your readers--they will know where to join in the fun, too. You can put the Blast From The Past button on your site and in your post. Please use it to link to my site, to spread the word about my meme. Using the button will help others know how to find me and how to join. Tell others to click on the button in your post to find us here.
  • Leave me a comment. First so that you can let me know what you think of my pictures and secondly so that I will know a new post has been linked up and I can come visit your blog and comment on your photos.

all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails