It is Goal Planning Monday.
Do you have goals?
How are you doing with them??
I have done pretty well this week considering that my Mom was visiting and a lot of my time was spent taking care of and being with her, but that does mean that I accomplished at least one of my goals since I put that on my list from last week.
I did not blog about my favorite TOS products yet. I may get that done this morning... or at least get it started. Later we have to take my mom home... that will take most of my afternoon if not longer.
I need to vote for our favorite TOS products on the forum this morning. That I will be doing for sure after I am done this post and my devotions.
I did read this week. I read more of Instructing a Child's Heart (we have 1 chapter left for our June 3rd ladies Bible study). I also started reading the Love Comes Softly series. We have all but 1 of the movies now and we watched them with my mom this week. Then I decided it has been a looong time since I read the books and they are very different from the movies. So I started reading Love Comes Softly, the first book, and I am on ch 23 of 32, I will probably finish it today while we are driving mom home. I have also been reading My Father's World, the first book in the Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister. I have never read these before. I am slowly reading the rest of Prodigal God by Timothy Keller, now that I found my copy that was lost for months. I am also trying to finish some books that the boys read for school that I wanted to finish... most importantly Orange and Green by G.A. Henty.... I love his books.
I did not have time to blog about the books I have read. I am reading faster than I blog about them. I am making that a priority this week. I will do short posts about a number of books to get caught up, hopefully this week.
I got a lot of picture of Winterthur posted. I have more ready to post today. Then I will work on the ones from Longwood Gardens. We wanted to take my mom to Longwood this week but she was just not up to it. Please keep her in your prayers. It is hard seeing parents growing older and unable to do things they used to do. I know many are dealing with this and it is not just me, but she is my only living parent and my children's only living grandparent... so she is especially special to us.
Now here are my goals for the coming week:
- Clean and organize my bedroom in preparation for Rachel and Jessica's friends, Sarah and Rose, visit from June 2nd to the 16th. I have to declutter, put a lot of things back where they belong in other parts of the house, dust, re-organize, vacuum, clean ceiling fans, clean windows, and get rid of a bunch of stuff.
- Clean and organize the basement in preparation for Sarah and Rose's visit. This is a huge job and will probably take more than one day.
- Wash windows in preparation for Sarah and Rose's visit.
- Put more flowers in the front garden in preparation for Sarah and Rose's visit.
- clean the kitchen... many things to do in this room
- clean the living room... not as much to do here
- clean the bathrooms... need to do this just for us... but then again next week closer to Sarah and Rose's arrival.
- clean out the upstairs hallway... many books to move.
- clean, clean, clean... in preparation for Sarah and Rose's visit. Hopefully in the evenings when I am tired from cleaning I will have time to things in #10-15 but 1-9 are the most important though we do have a week and a half to get it all done.
- Get back to exercising. I got discouraged in the past 2 weeks and have been totally off my diet and have not been exercising. I am getting back to doing that today or tomorrow. I got stressed and discouraged and bought all kinds of junk food. So... time to pay the piper. I need to go weigh in to see how much damage I did to myself and then I need to get back to eating well and getting on the Wii. I got so discouraged I even took my weight ticker off my blog. I want to get that put back on also.
- Post my summer goal list. I have it written out I just need to get typed up on my blog and then posted.
- Write my blog post about my favorite TOS product from this year
- Read. If you want to know what I am reading check my personal Shelfari in the left sidebar.
- Blog about the books I have finished reading and get them logged into my reading challenge pages.
- Get my pictures from Longwood Gardens posted on my blog.
I have a lot to do... I better get to it!
Goal Planning Monday is hosted by Katrina of Mama Manuscripts click this link or the button at the top.
all content on my blog is ©