Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. How many times in your life have you moved house? o.k. let me count. We never moved while I was growing up. My parents moved into the home I grew up in before my oldest brother was born and my mom did not move out until she moved in with my sister a few years ago when she could no longer live alone. I am going to do a detailed list, I hope you don't mind. Maybe you will learn something about me that you didn't know. I am not counting moving in and out of the dorms at college:
  1. I moved to Salisbury to teach school. Could not stay with the family they put me with at first so..
  2. I moved into a different home. The home of one of the church members' mothers. I met hubby in Salisbury and got married
  3. I moved into apartment with hubby after we got married
  4. We moved into my Mom's house, hubby got a new job in PA. The job he went for fell through, he got a different job, we later looked for, but could not afford, housing there . Rachel was born while staying at my Mom's.
  5. We moved back to Salisbury area, into a trailer, planned to build a house there, Jessica was born while living in the trailer, we never got to build on this property
  6. Hubby got laid off from job in Maryland, moved in with my mom in PA, again, because hubby went to work at a business where my sister was the manager
  7. We moved in to an apartment in DE, hubby was still working at the place with my sister, he had an hour or longer drive, each way, every day. 
  8. We changed to a first floor apartment in the same complex... it was much nicer because the kids and I could go right out the patio door and play on the grass. Nathan was born while living here. Could not stay in the apartments because it only had 2 bedrooms and we now had 2 girls and one boy. Looked for 3 bedroom apartments but could not afford that so we...
  9. We moved into a trailer. It too had only 2 bedrooms but we owned it so no one said anything. Christopher was born while we lived here. We had his crib in our bedroom barely room to walk between his crib and our bed to get to the closet... no doors on our closet because you would not have been able to open them the bed was to close to the closet... we also had no door on our bedroom... that made things difficult... had to change clothes in the bathroom. The other three kids were in the other bedroom. Things were so crowded, the trailer was so small, hubby fixed it up but it still was not a good place to live. We applied for a Habitat Home with about a hundred other couples... maybe more... we thought we had no chance. We got an interview and they came to see where we lived. 
  10. We got one of the three new houses Habitat was building. It was God's timing. We got a half a double with a basement. We helped build our home, and our Habitat neighbors' homes. They built three homes total for this build. The double home/ duplex. We live in one half, a woman and her 2 sons live in the other half. And behind us is a single family home. The single mom living there had 5 kids, she now also has grandkids living in that house with her and her children. After we got out Habitat home Habitat stopped building them with basements in New Castle County. They were just to expensive to build with basements... homeschooling and with 4 kids in this small house I could not imagine not having our basement! We have been here 13 years now. God would have to work a miracle for us to ever move out of here... we could never afford another home and if we didn't have such a low mortgage... 0% interest... we probably would have lost this years ago when hubby was laid off for 4 years because of his back injury.
2. What subject would you study if you had a year to devote to it? Personal study??? Just for me?? Wow, I have no idea. Scrapbooking?? Photography?? Library Science?? I don't really know. Those are some ideas I have.

3. What in this world breaks your heart? Lack of respect for God, his Word, the great gift of salvation he provided us and the way a lack of Biblical Worldview affects all of life here on earth from Governments to individuals.

4. What is one item that symbolizes the times in which we live? Why? Cell Phones - the immediacy of them, must be in contact at all times, ability to be on the Internet on them, play games, etc. Instant everything.

5. Share a favorite bumper sticker or t-shirt slogan. My favorite t-shirt is my Billions of Dead Things t-shirt from Answers in Genesis.

6. How do you like your spaghetti? With veggies in it and meatballs, a little grated Parmesan cheese on top and garlic bread on the side.

7. What is one piece of advice you would give a recent, or soon to be recent, graduate? Put God first in all you do and trust him to lead your future.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I can't wait for Friday and Saturday. Can't tell you why though... until Monday. So come back Monday and see who/what/where/when/how/and why!!!


all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Enjoy your weekend, whatever those plans might be : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails