Monday, December 19, 2011

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 47


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

I struggled really hard this week to get a Done on every goal for this week but did not quite make it... maybe next week.

My Goals from last week and how I did:

Spiritual Goals 
  1. Keep up with reading the Bible in a Year. Done
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com Done Read ch. 23, His Walk. It was a good chapter and one I hope encourages him to keep on following God's path for his as he walks the narrow way.
  3. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work.  Done 
Homeschool Goals
  1. I have no idea how much or if any homeschooling will get done. It depends on how the boys are doing with their colds. The boys were sick until Friday and did not get any school done. I said it was no use to do school Friday and Monday with all the sickness we had had and the busyness of the play over the weekend and from Tues. til after New Years we had already planned to take off. We will just have to make up the days at the end of the year.
  2. Keep up with grading and recording whatever homeschooling we get done. There was nothing to record. I am not counting these as done since I did not do anything, but I am not counting it as not done because I had a feeling we would not do school since everyone was so sick and then we had the play's dress rehearsal and production Thurs. - Sat. and then the cast party on Sunday. I really just wanted everyone to rest and be healthy enough to sing at the play.
Blog Goals  
  1. Get back to doing the regular memes that I participate in. Not Done
  2. Post Blast from the Past later today and prep next week's Blast From The Past. Not Done
  3. Work on, and get posted, a post that is not a meme. I am especially trying to work on posts about games we use(d) for school. I wanted to get them up in time for my readers to use them for ideas for Christmas gifts. I hope to work on this this afternoon and evening. Done I posted about the History Games we like to use for school. Scan down after you are done reading this, if you want to read it, it is right below this post.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Done I commented at our hostesses blog @ Mama Manuscripts, and at Shannon's Blog @ Mom Loves Books
  2. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am now reading Once Upon a Summer/The Winds of Autumn/Winter is Not Forever/Spring's Gentle Promise (Seasons of the Heart Series books 1-4) I am currently reading Winds of Autumn. Done I finished Winds of Autumn and also finished reading Winter is Not Forever, next up is Spring's Gentle Promise.
  3. Take Hubby to Dr. tomorrow to check out his gall stones problem. Hopefully if he needs surgery it can wait until after Christmas. Done No surgery is necessarily at this time. If he has trouble later he may have to have it out but as long as there is no pain or other complications he gets to keep his gall bladder.
  4. Get to the end of the week and all make it for the Christmas Program at church that we are supposed to participate in. Right now we have 4 sick people... my dd Rachel being the sickest. Rachel and Jessica are in the play and the whole family is singing at the end of the play. Rachel is going to the Dr., hopefully today, and hopefully will get some antibiotics or something, so she can get better before the dress rehearsal on Thursday. Done It was a great success. The play went really well. The audience loved it. We sang well, hit most of our notes, got lots of complements, give all the glory to God. He healed our voices enough to make it through the song without anyone coughing, sneezing or messing up noticeably.  
For this week that is 8 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 2 Not Done. I count that as a successful week.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Keep up with reading the Bible in a Year.
  2. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
  3. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. 
Homeschool Goals
    No Goals. No Homeschooling until January 4th.
Blog Goals  
  1. Get back to doing the regular memes that I participate in.
  2. Post Blast from the Past on Tuesday.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Clean the house in preparation for my Mom coming and Christmas. 
  3. Read, Read, Read! I am making progress on my read 100 books in a year goal but I still need to read a bunch more. I am now reading Spring's Gentle Promise (Seasons of the Heart Series book 4), the last book in the series. I should have time to read during #4. I want to order some more Tales from Grace Chapel Inn books today. I really love that series and as so glad the Holman's introduced me to it and that my library has had them all so far.
  4. Drive to PA, pick up my Mom, take her to get her B12 shot then to the Eye Dr.  Then she is coming back to stay at our house through Jan. 4th.
  5. Shop for stocking stuffers for my hubby. I also need some little Christmas gift bags for the gifts I made for the family.
  6. Play games with the family.
  7. Wrap Christmas Presents.
  8. Go to Christmas Eve party at my sister's house. We may leave early and go to our church's Christmas Eve Service or we may stay late at my sister's. We will decide that night.
  9. Watch Christmas movies as a family.
  10. Help make Christmas cookies... and then eat a bunch.
The goals this week are family oriented. These next 2 weeks are family, entertaining my mom, and relaxing.


How about you? Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails