Wow! Time flies! I can't believe it is March already. I know... I said that last month... but time has gone even faster. It was just yesterday that I wrote my January update... wasn't it??? Will March come in like a lion or a lamb? What will March bring for my family? In what state will we be at the end of March? I do not have the answers but I know who does. My heavenly Father. Reminds me of the jpg I saw and shared on Facebook today.
I am so glad he does. That reminds me of this song...
Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
A link to the previous updates and the original goal post will be at the bottom of the page in case you want to see them.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- I will be reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado for my first book for devotions. I have had it for a while and wanted to read it. I think now is the time.
- I am reading God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- I need to keep track of this better. I am not really sure how many weeks I did this. I know I did it though, so I am counting it. I need to find a way to track this. Hey, I can do it here by saying the next chapter I need to do is ch. 26.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late and then I did not keep up. The church is wrapping up this study but I am just beginning. That is ok... I will take it at my pace and really dig in.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See above)
- Some will be about homeschooling. Not yet.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. Yup... Finished Reading: Creation: Facts of Life (Revised and Updated) and Read Daniel Boone: Young Hunter and Tracker (Childhood of Famous Americans)
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. Not yet.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I am starting by reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure to hopefully help with my fitness goals. I read 7 chapters of Reshaping it all, so I read through ch. 12.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- First set aside time to clean off my table so I can scrapbook and then make time to actually scrapbook... do both before the middle of the month, Jan. 15th
- I scrapbooked one time in February. The very last chance I had, yesterday, the last day of February, thanks to Leap Day I had the extra time to get some scrapbooking done. That is better than none but I hope to scrapbook at least twice in March. I planned to get more scrapbooking done but my daughter's needed me to spend some time with them. They were struggling with something and needed some mom time. We played a game of Wii Party. It was a lot of fun, lots of laughs, but not as much scrapbooking as planned. That is ok. My daughters are more important. Here is a picture of the page I got done. I just noticed that I did not put the name of the child on this page... this page features Jessica.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. For now I am working on the posts for board games to play for school. Not Done. I have something I want to buy to enhance my blog... Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. Done.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate. Done. When I did this I found out that Nathan is done his hours for a number of subjects and so he is not doing those any longer, he is concentrating on the subjects he has left.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Nope... definitely not.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon. No. I would like to go to Longwood and see the Orchid display... maybe next week or the week after. Just checked and the Orchid display ends on March 25th.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. Nope... one was planned for Valentines Day but plans got changed. I want to do it soon.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. Nope... Christopher keeps putting it off. He says we will do it on Saturday. I told him if he did not make time for me I was moving on to Nathan next week, regardless.
12 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
Monthly Update List
all content on my blog is ©