Monday, March 26, 2012

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 61


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

A pretty good week. Things are going well at home considering the stress of not having any income. I just keep doing what I feel God wants me to do each day and try not to think to far into the future. Please keep praying that my hubby will find a job. I need to check my yearly goals and figure out what things on there I have not completed yet, and try and accomplish at least some, if not all, of them this coming week.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide.  Done - I am in the middle of ch. 4 in the book which is chapter 2 in the study guide.
  2. Finish reading Reshaping It All. Done - Yippee! One more book finished for my yearly reading.  
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Done
  4. Pray daily. Done- I want to do better with my prayers. I have not been using the prayer book that I made myself and I want to get back to using it this week.
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com  Not Done  http://zaazu.com
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes Done - Christopher is still doing well, not sure if he finished everything on Friday, but he did do his essay. He really struggled with this one and I had to sit and help him considerably.
  2. Keep Nathan doing all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left. Not Done - I cannot seem to motivate Nathan at all. He has less work to do but still does not get it done.
  3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week. Done
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday. Done
  2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well. Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done.Done - I commented at our  hostesses blog @ Mama Manuscripts, I commented at Cristi @ Through the Calm and Through the Storm Cristi was the only one to link up, besides me, so that 's everyone. 
  2. Log books into Book Collector software. I am working on my personal fiction books. Done - I logged about a 1/2 tub of books this past week.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, Book 2). I have some books to read for History and I may also read part of Emma by Jane AustenDone
  4. We are back to sharing the meals and after dinner chores. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. The others are not required to meal plan but they are encouraged to do so. Rachel has all her March meals planned, the others don't and didn't plan in Feb. either. Done
  5. Figure out what to do about the Saturday chores and get at least some of them done. Not Done- Going to visit my Mom on Saturday took up a lot more time than I had planned so I did not get any cleaning done and did not get to discuss this issue with the family. Maybe this week we will have time.
  6. Scrapbook. I want to do both paper scrapbooking Done - OK, I counted this as done but want to confess that I only got some photo's cropped and did not actually do a page. I will make sure to scrapbook at least 2 days this week so I can really count it for my yearly goals of scrapbooking twice a month.
  7. and spend some time playing with my new Scrapbook software, My Memories. Done- No problem here. Spent more time on this than maybe I should have. I love it. I figured out a few more things and uploaded my first picture to Facebook and now posted below.
    For this week that is 14 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 2 Not Done. Not bad considering the way the week ended.


    My goals for this coming week:
    Spiritual Goals 
    1. Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide. 
    2. Finish reading Reshaping It All.
    3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
    4. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com
    5. Read  ch. 14 of God's Priorities for Today's Woman for Ladies Bible Study on Friday. We are meeting this week instead of the 6th, because the 6th is Good Friday. Then we will do the last chapter of the book on April 20th.
    Homeschool Goals
    1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes.
    2. Get Nathan to do all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left. Even though he has less subjects to complete he is not getting them done daily which means he is further behind. If he wants to graduate in May he will have to get a move on!!
    3. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week.
    Blog Goals    
    1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday.
    2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well.
    3. Post my yearly goal update for March on March 31st. 
    Personal/Other Goals 
    1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
    2. Log books into Book Collector software. I am working on my personal fiction books.
    3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, Book 2). I have some books to read for History and I may also read part of Emma by Jane Austen
    4. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. My hubby is back to eating gluten free, so that threw a wrench in my cooking plans. I need to work on my menus for April and figure out some things to make my hubby that are gluten free.
    5. Figure out what to do about the Saturday chores and get at least some of them done.
    6. Scrapbook. I want to do both paper scrapbooking 
    7. and spend some time playing with my new Scrapbook software, My Memories.
    8. Work on History plans. I am almost caught up to the things I already have planned. I may, though, stop after the few plans I have and wait until next year to start. The next subjects are the people of the Revolutionary War and then the War itself. I think I will just leave that for next year and after finishing Catherine the Great, Haydn, and Mozart stopping History and concentrate on Science... we have a whole unit of Astronomy to finish in only 8 weeks.
    Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us. I have been doing this for more than a year now and setting weekly goals is really helping me keep focus and achieve more. Have a great week.


    all content on my blog is ©

    3 comments:

    Kym said...

    I can sure sympathize with the frustrations of trying to get a high schooler motivated... my son who will graduate next year has a habit of falling behind in all his subjects and I wish he would find a way to self-motivate.

    Mama Manuscripts said...

    How is your Mum doing this week? I only just had a chance to read last week's post. I hope that she is continuing to recover well.

    Good luck with your goals. When you husband is gluten free do you cook gluten free for everyone. You may have to share some ideas. Gluten in the main thing the doctor was testing for in the children and myself.

    Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I enjoy doing Goal Planning Monday for everyone. It's what I do on my blog right now. I hope that will change, though.

    Have a great week!

    The Prudent Homemaker said...

    I'm not physically able to do much this week with being 9 months pregnant.

    But, if possible, I'd like to accomplish a good deal of mending, get any cooking prepped that can be done to help the family help me make food, and work in the garden to help us to have food. I know how important the food is in the garden for our family; my usband is working but not making enough to cover our needs at all.

    We have lots of lettuce coming up; I transplant thinning late in the evening before the sun sets, giving us more lettuce.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails