Monday, March 12, 2012

Goal Planning Monday – Week 59


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

I had a pretty good week. I didn't accomplish everything but did pretty well. I want to make sure to comment on the others who do Goal Planning Monday. I want to do that early this week. I have missed that. I also want to do some meme's I enjoy doing, I did do 2 book reviews but not any meme's.

My Goals from last week and how I did:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Read my Bible Daily. Partly Done - I did devotions every day but Monday. So that goes for all the purple partly done devotional parts below.
  2. Read a Godly book, daily, as part of my morning Devotions. I am currently reading Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear or the spiritual/fitness book from my fitness goals below - Reshaping It All. Partly Done - I finished Fearless by reading chapter 14 and the conclusion, which was a whole chapter as well. I am almost done Reshaping it All I read ch. 13 to 16 and have only a few more chapters which I will finish this coming week.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Partly Done
  4. Write in my Spiritual Journal Daily, as part of my morning Devotions. Partly Done
  5. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com Done - chapter 26
  6. Read as much as possible of the new books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace I am behind because I got my book late. I want to keep up with the current chapters and catch up as much as possible when I am able to do extra work. Not Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes and Nathan doing all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict on Monday, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left. Done
  2. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week. Done
  3. I want to make a spreadsheet with the hours Nathan is supposed to complete each week for the subjects he has left and then have spaces to fill in the hours he has done so far, the hours he needs each week to complete the class for graduation, the hours he completed that week and then the adjusted hours he has left to do. I like lists and charts and this will help us both keep track. Done - It really helped figure out and will help keep track to see if he is keeping up or behind in the hours he needs to get done by the middle of May when school is done.
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday. Done
  2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well. Not Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. Not Done
  2. Log books into Book Collector software. I am working on my personal fiction books. Done
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, Book 2). I have some books to read for History and I may also read parts of Emma by Jane Austen. Done - I finished Fearless (part of my morning devotions). I read the rest of  Daniel Boone: The Opening of the Wilderness  and wrote a review about it. I also read Bulletproof George Washington which I had assigned to the boys to read a few weeks ago. I read some of The Hidden Flame and want to get this done soon because I have many books I want to read. I am not adding anything new, except books I read aloud for school, until I finish some I am already reading.   
  4. We are back to sharing the meals and chores. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. need to plan the rest of the meals for March. The others are not required to meal plan but they are encouraged to do so.  Rachel has all her March meals planned, the others don't and didn't plan in Feb. either. Done
  5. Scrapbook. My yearly goal is to do this twice a month. I missed doing 2 in Jan. and Feb. and want to make sure I get at least 2 day of Scrapbooking done in March. I should also be spending some time playing with my new Scrapbook software for my computer once the download comes in to my e-mail. I won it in a blog giveaway my friend had. I have wanted this software since I saw the giveaways going around. I entered a bunch of times and finally won. I am so excited. Can't wait to try it out. Done - I got my software downloaded but did not get to play with it as much as I wanted to... but I did do some. I didn't get to do as much as I wanted because my hubby took me on an unexpected date to Longwood to see the orchid and lily display in the conservatory... I will take that over scrapbooking any day and now I have some beautiful new photos to scrapbook. I will be working on these this week and playing with my new software.
For this week that is  9 Done,   4 Partly Done, and 3 Not Done.


My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals 
  1. Devotions daily - for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, I will be doing How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. I have wanted to work on this and have not had the extra time. It has a lot of scripture, especially in the homework of the Study Guide. I will not be writing in my journal. I will be writing in the study guide. 
  2. Finish reading Reshaping It All.
  3. Listen to Godly Music Daily, as part of my morning Devotions.
  4. Read Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. http://zaazu.com  
  5. Read God's Priorities for Today's Woman ch. 13 "The Art of Showing Kindness" for Ladies Bible Study this coming Friday.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep Christopher doing all 12 workboxes and Nathan doing all his school. We discovered, after a family conflict, that Nathan is finished a couple of subjects as far as his required hours. So he is concentrating on the subjects he has left.
  2. Keep up with logging in the boys work and grading as we go through the week.
Blog Goals    
  1. Post Blast From The Past on Tuesday.
  2. Join in some favorite memes that I like to do and try and leave comments on a few blogs of those who link up. I will not be tracking my linking up but want to do it to encourage others to comment on my blog as well.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Comment on all the other GPM ladies posts. Keep track of their names with links here so I know whose I have done. 
  2. Log books into Book Collector software. I am working on my personal fiction books.
  3. Read, Read, Read! I will be linking up my reading this year to I am currently reading a number of things... for personal, fun, fiction reading I am reading The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, Book 2). I have some books to read for History and I may also read parts of Emma by Jane Austen
  4. We are back to sharing the meals and chores. Make sure the kids keep up with chores and cooking. The others are not required to meal plan but they are encouraged to do so. Rachel has all her March meals planned, the others don't and didn't plan in Feb. either.
  5. Scrapbook. I want to do both paper scrapbooking and spend some time playing with my new Scrapbook software, My Memories.
  6. Go to PA on Friday and get my mom for a week's visit at our home while her bathroom is worked on.
Do you have any goals for the week? Post your goals and link up. The button at the top will take you to the meme and you can join up with us. I have been doing this for more than a year now and setting weekly goals is really helping me keep focus and achieve more. Have a great week.


all content on my blog is ©

2 comments:

Kym said...

Seems to me like you usually do very well in meeting your goals!

How nice that you get help with meal planning! I would love it if my kids would help with that - and meal prep too - maybe I will have to float the idea and see what the kids say about it.

Mama Manuscripts said...

I hope you had a good week. We are STILL sick so I'm sorry I didn't drop by sooner. We've been so busy trying to get healthy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails