Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Hodegpodge ~ No. 70


1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green? Sage Green Sweatshirt

2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live? Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library; Longwood is actually my favorite but it is not in my state. We have a year's membership at Winterthur and love to walk there... especially in March for the flowers on the March Bank and in the spring to see all the flowers. I am so sad that our membership is up the end of this month. We have no money to renew the membership. We do have a few passes that we never used for friends, we can use them to go as a family once or twice. I need to check and see how many passes we have. We will make at least 2 trips to Winterthur before our membership ends. We may even go on the very last day... just.one.more.time.  :-(
3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department? Just about right, 5'2".

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you? Unfortunately, these days, with the stress of no income and no idea how we will pay our bills, little things may set me off, sometimes to crying and sometimes to yelling, but more crying though.

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.) Favorite - Broccoli

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why? Laura Ingalls Wilder, I love her story, she went through so much, and I love that time period too. I have a lot of books about Laura and the whole t.v. series as well.

7. Keep Calm and _________ on.
You fill in the blank.

Keep Calm and PRESS on.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I love Longwood Gardens  as I said before and my hubby took me there on a date. Last year we bought a year's membership. This is our way of having family times since we can't afford vacations. The fountain shows in the summer were awesome. The Christmas display was wonderful and the orchid/lily display in the conservatory we just saw was beautiful. I will just share two pictures, though I took 255 photos. Our Longwood membership does not end until June, I think.


 I chose a Lily

and 

an Orchid,

since they were the main flowers in the displays.
Oh, the smell in the conservatory, it was glorious.


all content on my blog is ©

6 comments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I loved the "Little House on the Prairie" show and still watch it when I happen to catch it on the Hallmark channel.

Debbie said...

Good morning! Those flowers are just GORGEOUS! No wonder you love the place. I have all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and TV shows too. Hard to beat. Have a good day!

Jocelyn said...

Laura Ingalls Wilder - GREAT choice. I enjoyed the books :). Liked the pictures :). Have a lovely Wednesday!

April said...

We haven't had any income since my husband got laid off 10 months ago, so I completely understand about the stress. It does help to cry sometimes...we're only human!

DD said...

Your flower pictures are stunning, what a wonderful place to have a membership to.

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails