Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fearless ~ a book review

Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without FearFearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a wonderful book. The Lord prompted me to read it at this time and it was a book I really needed. It was very useful and uplifting during this trial we are going through. I want to read it again some time and do the discussion questions in the back. I did not know they were there until yesterday. The chapters are pertinent to things we all can be afraid of these days, in these times. Here are two favorite quotes.

"...replace fear of the coming winter with faith in the living God. After all, it's just Monopoly money. It all goes back in the box when the game is over."

This is especially pertinent to our financial struggles right now. I must remember money has no real value, especially these days, and God is the creator of the universe. He owns it all. He will supply all my needs. He promised to do it. We don't get to take the money with us when this life is over... "it all goes back in the box when the game is over."

"Might these challenges, severe as they may be, serve to prepare us, equip us for the world to come? As Paul wrote,"These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing" (2 Cor. 4:17 CRV). Eternal glory. I'd like a large cup please. "One venti-sized serving of endless joy in the presence of God. Go heavy on the wonder, and cut all the heartache."

Remember the end of all things. It keeps the struggles of this world in perspective. God will one day wipe away all the tears from our eyes. We will live with him forever. Until then, I'll trust Him. Even though I don't understand and don't know what tomorrow will hold. I will trust the one who does.

At the end of February I was reading 15 books at one time. I am really working hard to finish a bunch of them. So, that makes 2 more books read for my yearly challenge and 2 books for March already. It also means I am down to 14 books currently being read.  Yeah, I can count 15 books I was already reading 2 read... that should make 13 currently reading. But, last night I started a new book. Not because it was my choice, but because my hubby wanted me to start back to reading to the family in the evenings. So I read chapter one of The Passage or, From Darkness to Light to the family. If I am reading it I am counting it. So that accounts for it being 14 books currently being read.

View all my reviews


all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Annette Whipple said...

I am finding great satisfaction these days reading only one book at a time. (except group reads for Bible study of course)

This sounds good!
Thank you for your encouragement!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails