Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blast From The Past ~ Civil War Ball, March 25, 2000


We were privileged to go to three Civil War Balls in 2000, 2001, and 2002.
The first ball we went to was just Court and Rachel and I.
Rachel was part of the homeschool Civil War reenactment group which was called Bonnets and Bayonets.
Bonnets and Bayonets put on the Civil War Ball.
2000 was the very first Ball they did.
I will post the other year's balls in the next few weeks.
They still have the Civil War Ball every year in our area.
It is run by homeschool graduates now.
I wish we could go to the Civil War Ball again. It was such fun.
But we don't have the money for the tickets and we don't have the money to make outfits. None of us girls fit in our ball gowns and the boys never have gotten to go.

I hope you enjoy the photos.
I have enjoyed the look back.

Me (I have no idea what my son Nathan is doing, lol)


 Our Hair


 Rachel and I
(Rachel is 14 yrs. old)


 Rachel, Court and I


 A close up of the last photo



 Ready to leave for the Ball.



My hubby took photos of each family group at the Ball.


 The Group Shot
Rachel is sitting on the floor between 2 friends on the right side of the photo
I am standing in the front row 2nd from the right of the photo
(Court took this also)


Rachel Dancing

We did not get to many photos of us dancing because we were busy dancing.
It was a great night.

Now it's your turn...

Here are the Rules for participating:
The purpose of Blast From The Past is to link up a post about something from the past. You can reach back all the way to your childhood and bravely post pictures of you in your wild clothes and hair styles or post something from last year and tell us about it. I'm not picky. Hey, even yesterday was the past... LOL My posts will mostly be about events that happened prior to blogging, as a way to share those things with the world.
  • It can be about you, about your kids, about your parents, about whatever. For ideas check out the other posts in my label Blast From the Past. 
  • Please use a permalink that sends readers directly to the correct post. If you are not sure what that is click the word permalink for an explanation. 
  • Mention my blog and offer a link back to the main page of my blog. http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/ This is a requirement to take part and a kind gesture to me your hostess as well as your readers--they will know where to join in the fun, too. You can put the Blast From The Past button on your site and in your post. You will find it on my right sidebar. Please use it to link to my site, to spread the word about my meme. Using the button will help others know how to find me and how to join. Tell others to click on the button in your post to find us here.
  • Leave me a comment. First so that you can let me know what you think of my pictures and secondly so that I will know a new post has been linked up and I can come visit your blog and comment on your photos. 
Join me!


all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Annette Whipple said...

Oh how fun...and lovely!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails