Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Drink 48-64 oz of water a day I have been doing ok on this.
- Eat more fruit and veggies throughout the day. Doing ok on this but not great. We don't have a lot of food and fruit and veggies are one of the things we have been low on. I have had an apple most days, and my sister-in-law bought us some cherries last weekend, but they got eaten fast and I did not get many.
- Keep track of everything I eat in a food journal. Not doing well with this. I did make a WW dessert, gingerbread cake with raisins, and everyone is enjoying it. God has provided for our May and June bills and we are struggling to continue to trust him for our daily bread... both the green kind and the eating kind. We are praying for God's provision, vision and the future of our family.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. I was reading The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling. I stopped reading, see this post for my review of the book: @ http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2012/05/ultimate-guide-to-homeschooling-by.html
- I will start a new homeschool book soon. I have a new one or 2 on my Kindle that I got for free.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. I did not read any school books in June. We will be starting school July 23rd or 30th so I will be starting to read to Christopher again for school.
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. After I finish reading With Wolfe in Canada I want to start this. I was hoping to finish reading With Wolfe in Canada in June but I did not do it. I need to make time to read a little each day so I get it finished.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now. I need to concentrate on actually exercising.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. Not Done. I bought Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help. I just need to make time to write the things I have on my heart.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan meals. June was terrible for meal planning. Some days no one even cooked dinner and we all just fended for ourselves. Having Ramen Noodle Soup or Peanut Butter and Jelly or something like that. A few night we had really good meals, but most of our meals were ordinary and as I said some were non-existent. Because of our financial struggles everything is stressful, even meals.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet. Maybe I will get one done, at least, now that summer break is here. I must be crazy to think I have more time because it is summer break from school. I have no time.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. I was, though I still have a few things to record from Nathan's last week of school since I was so busy preparing for his graduation ceremony.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate. Done.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Done! Nathan completed his schoolwork 20 minutes before the guests were supposed to arrive. We signed his diploma and then presented him with it. Then we were ready for the party. it was a big success.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. Not done. We could do a dinner in our bedroom, just he and I, but we haven't. Maybe we will do that for our Anniversary in July since we don't have the money to go out.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. We played on the Wii on my birthday and had a good day.
8 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ May, I'm late
all content on my blog is ©