Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- I finished up lesson 5 in the study guide then I read chapter 8-10 in the book, I completed lesson 6-7 in the study guide (this goes with chapters 8-9 of the book) and I am working on lesson 8 (which goes with ch. 10 of the book). I am doing well on this and making good progress. I don't want to rush it because I want to learn and reap the many benefits the Lord has for me as I work through this.
- Read The Power of a Praying Wife and leave hubby a note for each chapter I read. He needs the extra prayers and encouragement. After I finish the book I will be reading it again. Not only does it encourage him but it encourages me and gives me hope when I know my God is working in our lives as I pray.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- Eat better and drink water. I hope by doing this and the exercising above I will be able to loose weight in 2012 AND keep it off! I want to finish strong and not gain back the weight I loose at the beginning of the year like I did this year.
- Drink 48-64 oz of water a day Doing ok on this.
- Eat more fruit and veggies throughout the day. Doing ok on this.
- Keep track of everything I eat in a food journal. Not doing well with this. Need to not buy or eat so many sweets. Need to make WW dessert, especially the 1 point kind, and stay away from the non WW stuff. Giving in to snacks is really easy right now with the stress of my husband's continued unemployment and our quickly dwindling $$ from our tax return. God has provided for our May and June bills and we are struggling to continue to trust him for our daily bread... the green kind. We are praying for God's provision, vision and future of our family.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. I was reading The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling. I stopped reading, see this post for my review of the book: @ http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/2012/05/ultimate-guide-to-homeschooling-by.html
- I will start a new homeschool book soon. I have a new one or 2 on my Kindle that I got for free.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. I did not read any school books in May. Christopher read to himself. We are done school and will be back to it at the end of July.
- I may read a history book or 2 just for my own educational interest as well. After I finish reading With Wolfe in Canada I want to start this.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now. I need to concentrate on actually exercising.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- I scrapbooked with paper 0 days in May. June will be better, I plan to paper scrapbook this week.
- I won a digital scrapbooking program in March. I used it a bunch in May. I am loving it and the new kits I have gotten free and purchased with my birthday money. I am using it to make a scrapbooked slideshow for my son's graduation open house later this month.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. Not Done. I bought Blog Write Party I need some new ideas and I hope this will help. I just need to make time to write the things I have on my heart.
- Get back to meal planning because meals are more varied and we will have the ingredients shopped for ahead of time. This is a personal goal. If the family joins me that is fine if not I will still do it.
- Plan March meals. May was better as far as meals goes. My hubby changed his diet at the beginning of April things were just crazy. We are starting to settle in now and things are beginning to get better. Some days the boys just avoid cooking and things get tense. I must work harder to make up for it if they don't start dinner.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. Nope... not yet. Maybe I will get one done, at least, now that summer break is here.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. Done.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. I must do this especially for Nathan to make sure he has the credit he needs in a couple of his extra subjects in order to graduate. Done. Nathan is working on the classes he has to finish for graduation. We are done our 180 days but the boys both have a little more work to get done.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Almost there... Graduation is only a few weeks away now. I have a bunch of stuff to do still to finish up and Nathan has a little work to finish as well.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Set up a date night/afternoon soon.
- Hubby and I went to dinner at a couple's home who are members of our church. That is the only date we have had except for errands we have done together.
- Set up a dinner in our bedroom just for us to spend the evening like I did a couple times before... in order to do this I must clean up my bedroom first. we were going to do this but hubby decided to eat alone at the dining room table and set things up there instead... it still counts since we didn't eat with the kids... after dinner we watched a movie together in the living room, just he and I.
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. We have played on the Wii a couple times. Once Rachel and I played and one day the boys and I played. Things have been stressful and so setting it up in order has not been working but spur of the moment playing seems to be the order of the day.
7 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
all content on my blog is ©