1. Did you know there is a National Day of pretty much everything in the universe? February 23 happens to be National Inconvenience Yourself Day...when was the last time you were inconvenienced? Today??? Definition = "1. Incommodious; unsuitable; disadvantageous; giving trouble or uneasiness; increasing the difficulty of progress or success..." from the 1828 Dictionary LOL It increased the difficulty of the progress of my day to sit at the table all day with my boys while they did school and to finish just before dinner. It was disadvantageous to practice our singing after dinner. But now I am watching Secretariat.
2. When a room in your house needs painting who does the job? All of us! See this post here for an example.
3. Are you friends with your cousins? I am sorry to say I rarely see my extended family these days. I used to be very good friends with a number of my cousins and second cousins. I am getting back into contact with a few of them thanks to Facebook, but we have only seen each other at funerals.
4. Do you use an alarm clock? If yes-is it an actual alarm, music, or something else? No, not since my hubby got laid off last March. We are usually up around 7 or 7:30am.
5. What do you put ketchup on? fries, hamburgers, hot dogs and meatloaf. I have, in the past, even put it on mashed potatoes... blame my brother!
6. What smells make you nostalgic? Maple syrup, turkey and stuffing, apple pie, hyacinths, roses, lilacs, and azaleas.
7. Have you heard about the high school English teacher recently suspended as a result of some things she wrote in her personal blog? You can read the story here but in a nutshell she vented a lot of frustration onto her blog. She didn't mention individual students by name but she did make some harsh comments about kids in general and their parents.
What are your thoughts-If you're a parent is your child's teacher online and are you 'friend' or 'follower' there? If you're a teacher are you on facebook and do you accept or friend students on fb? How about their parents? If you're a student are you friends with your current or former teachers online? Do any of them have blogs you read? If you're a teacher or a parent do you ever use your blog as a place to vent your frustrations with our educational system? So much to discuss...
I am a homeschool parent... so I am my children's teacher. I had not heard about this until this post. So, my children's teacher is on Facebook and has a blog. I blog about my kids and my homeschool and the reality of that is that not every day is a good day and sometimes I vent my frustrations on there, but not often. But no one can fire me or call me out since I am also their parent. Sometimes my frustrations are because I am also their parent. It is hard to be both... to be firm when I need to be. I get tired of the struggles I have with my boys and yes... they are in high school and they want things as easy and quick as possible. So I understand her frustration, but have nothing to say about the public education system since my kids have never been in it... I have been homeschooling 20 years!!!!!'
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I posted my Wednesday Hodgepodge and totally missed #8. I only realized it after I saw a friends post. So I came back to add it in.
So my random thought for this week is... I am so tired I am missing things... so time for b.e.d.
all content on my blog is ©