Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for the week of April 27, 2009


FOR TODAY...
Outside my window... sunny and warm... really warm... supposed to get up to 90 degrees. We have the air conditioning on!! and it is only April!!!

I am thinking... I had a great weekend at our Ladies Spring Re*Fresh*Her (Retreat), the only complaint... it was to short.

I am thankful for... the church paying part of my way to the Ladies Retreat, we could not afford the whole cost. It was a great weekend of relaxing, getting caught up with my girlfriends by chatting until all hours of the night... or uh morning!!! LOL not much sleep but I will get caught up with that soon. Great Spiritual encouragement: great main speaker sessions, break-out sessions, praise music, and movie by Chonda Pierce (the one we saw was Stayin' Alive... Lauging http://store.chonda.org/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=4) During the movie we laughed ourselves silly, cried, rejoiced and shh don't tell anyone... danced!!! LOL

From the learning rooms... two weeks of school to go. This week lots more History... doubling up to get done the Middle Ages by the end of school: this week the Hundred Years War, Black Death, Black Death lapbooking, The Ming Dynasty, Wycliffe, Chaucer, and John Huss

From the kitchen... hmmm dinner plans... hmmm don't know yet. Need to work on Menu Planning for the next couple weeks.

I am wearing... blue slacks, pink and white striped shirt, no shoes but will put my crocs on before going downstairs as soon as I am done this post

I am creating... one more post on TOS Review for the opportunity to be a part of the TOS Review Crew.. Hope to get that done today.

I am going... to the library tonight and to Bible Study on Friday

I am reading... finished Two From Galilee over the weekend during free time at the retreat, now trying to finish Luke's Story.

I am hoping... to finish the TOS Review Crew stuff today and send off the links and info about me to the necessary people

I am hearing... talking from downstairs, daughter Jessica typing on Dad's laptop

Around the house... unpacking, laundry, straightening up my room

One of my favorite things... Ladies Spring Re*Fresh*Her, I look forward to it each year! Can't wait for next year.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, Bible Study, blogging, time with my Hubbie (I missed him this weekend while I was at the Retreat)

Here is picture thought I am sharing... I wish I had a picture from the Retreat but we forgot to take a group shot, so I found this on you tube... a video showing the Pinebrook grounds. It is mostly about summer family camp but it will give you an idea.



This is a photo from Pinebrook's website of the type of room I slept in, though I was in a double bed, there is a double bed and some bunks in each room. My friends took their matresses and put them on the floor, the springs were to bouncy for them.


go to the Simple Woman's Daybook to see all the posts and our hostess

Have a great week,
Debbie

2 comments:

Martha said...

Have a wonderful week!

Liz Tolsma said...

We're busy cramming things into the last few days of school, too. Hope you have a good couple of weeks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails