We're still not where we're going, but we're not where we were. ~Natasha Josefowitz
Have you noticed that I have striven to use alliterations in my monthly goal update titles? Some months it is a real challenge to find something. This month I started by looking up some words at Thesaurus.com. I didn't find anything. Then I consulted a dictionary. I started with an elementary school dictionary we have, looking at words that start with J, and found a word I liked. Jumble. June was a month of expected, and unexpected, events that made my life a JUMBLE.
Do you like the quote I chose for this month??? We set goals. We may not accomplish as much as we want some months. God is in control of my life, not me. I used to feel a measure of control over my life but in the past 9 years I have seen more and more how I don't have much control at all.
I had some events in June that I knew were going to happen: my birthday, more dental appointments for my tooth, hubbies 2nd heart catheterization and stent. And I had some unexpected bumps in my plans: hurting my calf the day hubby went for his heart catheterization, lots of thunderstorms that meant turning off the computer (two of those being severe enough to cause tornadoes in our area and send us to the basement for a while), and my daughters got a leak in their bedroom ceiling... from the roof my hubby says. Just what we needed on top of 3+ years of unemployment and the already broken rain gutter that we can't afford to fix. Then Monday the first of July (yeah, I know... not really counting for June... but I am late getting this up) I woke with a swollen foot. Went to the Dr. and then had x-rays done. They found nothing but said I should rest and stay off it a week or 2. So plans change... yet again.
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Read Proverbs through each month. A chapter a day + a couple on short months. Recommended by the book my hubby and I are reading together... The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness.
- Read Godly/Spiritual books.
- Work on my prayer life. Pray is my word for 2013.
- Start reading a book on prayer. My hubby bought me a new book off my Amazon list.
- Books read/reading see above.
- I started a private blog for just God and I to see. I made it so it can't be searched by the search engines and you have to be invited to read. I needed another way to focus. I focus well while writing so I decided to try and blog my prayers to God. I am keeping up with this and enjoying writing on my prayer blog more and more often.
- Be Grateful. I will be joining the Joy Dare @ Ann Voscamp's blog. Click the link to check it out. You can print her prompts for each month or do your own thing. Just be grateful... 3 a day for 365 days gives you more than 1000 things to look back at on Dec. 31, 2013. Let's record 1000 things to be grateful to the Lord for.
- I am still doing this but I am a little behind. It is not hard to catch up and I will.
- Reading 1000 gifts make me want to do more than just do the Joy Dare. It makes me want to get more journals to keep all over and write more lists. Joy Dare is 3 specific writing prompts each day on a topic Ann sets. I want to add to that by doing my own lists of things... just as God sends them... Just as I become more aware of the Joy each day holds... even the ugly beautiful that God sends in the hard times.
- Memorize 2 verses or portions of scripture a month with my new group on Facebook. We post one verse/portion on the 1st and one on the 15th. With this I will memorize 24+ verses a year... more than in 2012 since I didn't memorize any. I started using Scripture Typer to help me memorize and review the verses.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2013. As far as healthy eating goes I will be doing the best I can. (With my husband being unemployed for 33 months now things are tough and we can't always afford fruits and vegetables. If I exercise I will feel better... that is better than nothing.)
- Start by using the Wii daily for at least 15 minutes2-3 times a week and increase from there. My goal for Exercise is to not quit.... this, I hope, will inspire me...
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education. (The spiritual book are very educational but I have other books I would like to read as well... non-fiction and historical fiction.)
- I read a book about blogging,
- and a book about cleaning using natural products, complete with recipes,
- and Praying God's Word, in the month of June. You can find my review of them here - Jotting in June ~ my reading this month
- Read some fiction books for pleasure.
- I finished 4 fiction books in June. You can find my review of them here - Jotting in June ~ my reading this month
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family. Use the blogging ideas pdf I bought in 2012.
- Work on some crafts just for me. Things I have wanted to do, work on, make. Some from Pinterest, some will be things I have been working on already or wanting to do for a while.
- Play at least one board game a month with someone in the family.
- Keep up with planning and ordering any materials Christopher needs for school.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily assigned work and making sure he completes everything assigned to him, log it into my school log, and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Check periodically on Christopher's hours for school. I don't want to have to do his transcript all in his Sr. year.
3 Not Done
Previous Month's Updates in case you missed them and want to read...
January Jots ~ Yearly Goal Update
February Fun ~ Yearly Goal Update
Merry March - Yearly Goals Update
Accomplished April - Yearly Goals Update
May Memorandum ~ Yearly Goals Update
If you made goals, make goals, or want to set goals post them on your blog and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
all content on my blog is ©