Monday, July 22, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ One Week 'Til Homeschool Starts

“If you're trying to be miserable, it's important you don't have any goals. No school goals, personal goals, family goals. Your only objective each day should be to inhale and exhale for sixteen hours before you go to bed again. Don't read anything informative, don't listen to anything useful, don't do anything productive. If you start achieving goals, you might start to feel a sense of excitement, then you might want to set another goal, and then your miserable mornings are through. To maintain your misery, the idea of crossing off your goals should never cross your mind.”
John Bytheway, How to Be Totally Miserable

This quote was taken from Goodreads. What do you think of it?

I do have goals. Some weeks I do better than other weeks. If I did not set goals, and just went through my week, I would get a lot less done. If I did not write my goals down I would still have things on my mind that I needed to get done but more things would fall through the cracks than they do now, and I do still forget to do things. One thing that causes me to NOT get more done is not writing my goals on paper. I just do not check my goals on my blog daily. I like better to transfer the goals to paper and check that daily.

The last few weeks I have been concentrating on getting ready for school. We have one more week of summer vacation. I have many things to do. My big goal for the week is to be completely ready to start 11th grade with my son by Saturday evening and to take Sunday off and spend it doing things with my family.

Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community.

My top priorities are marked with a *

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Arebook. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by . I am done reading Praying God's Word but still have plenty of verses to read over and pray back to God. Do the study of the Book of John from Hello Mornings. Done
  2. Read through Proverbs each month in the evenings. Done -  just one day but done. I think I am going to stop trying to do the John study and reading Proverbs and just do Proverbs.
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Done, I also started a new notebook for writing my own things to be thankful for. I bought a little notebook for my purse and I want to get a new notebook for at home as well. I want to see the things God is doing in my life every day and learn to be thankful for the hard things as well as the good things God is, does, and gives every day.
Homeschool Goals
  1. *Work more on planning History. Done - got a lot done... lots more to do. Ordered books from the library for the first couple weeks of school.
  2. *Check with Christopher on what extra subjects he wants to do this year. Not Done
  3. *Buy the curriculum I want. I am going to buy The Wise Woman with Literary Analysis Journal Questions. It is a suggested resource for the Philosophy Adventures program we are doing this year. I am getting the download so it doesn't cost much. I also may buy Chemistry 101. I asked about doing a review of the dvd set. I am waiting to hear. I have plenty of other Chemistry materials to get us started so I don't have to have the dvd's before we start school. Not Done
Fitness Goals
  1. Exercise 1-2 days 15 min each time. I hope to be feeling well enough to start back by the end of the week. I don't know when I should start exercising again or even what to do once my hubby allows me to do more.
    Not Done
  2. *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! Not Done
  3. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done - went out with my hubby for our anniversary and bought some peaches. They were ok but not great. The first one I ate was really pithy, the last one I ate was better but still not great. It was a change though, and that was nice.
Blog Goals  
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Done
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. Done - finished reading Mixed Signals by Liz Curtis Higgs and started reading Small-Town Reality (a book from the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn series)
For this week that is 10 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 4 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:

Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading(Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Arebook. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.
Homeschool Goals
  1. *Work more on planning History.
  2. *Check with Christopher on what extra subjects he wants to do this year.
  3. *Buy the curriculum I want. I am going to buy The Wise Woman with Literary Analysis Journal Questions. It is a suggested resource for the Philosophy Adventures program we are doing this year. I am getting the download so it doesn't cost much. I also may buy Chemistry 101. I asked about doing a review of the dvd set. I am waiting to hear. I have plenty of other Chemistry materials to get us started so I don't have to have the dvd's before we start school.
  4. *Get the log sheets made, where I write what we get done each day. I make my own with Libre Office's Spreadsheet.
  5. *Make sure any pages we need printed for the week are ready to go.
  6. *Pick all the reading material we need for the week. Books have been ordered from the Library. Hopefully they will come in in time.
  7. *Get Christopher's box prepped with everything he needs for next Monday.
Fitness Goals
  1. I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii.
  2. *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! I know... I have said it so many times you are sick of seeing it. So am I and I want to eat the cake so I hope to get this done early this week.
  3. Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals  
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. 
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. 
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. 
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. 
  2. Attend as many of hubbies cardiac therapy appointments as he wants me to. He has appointments Mon., Wed. and Friday.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Please go to the Goal Planning Monday tab to put one of the buttons in your post.


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails