What do you think? Does setting goals help you to have more time to enjoy life and still get more done?
This week I took off Sunday, well part of Sunday. I wanted to take off all day but I did not quite get all my planning done on Saturday. I guess I should have done more on Thursday and Friday, I underestimated how much I still had to do and wasted some time those days. I think it worked out for the best though because no on really wanted to play games with me anyway. I did get Rachel and Jessica to play one game with me and that was fun. Then we watched an old Cary Grant movie from 1948 - Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House It was one I don't remember ever seeing before. It was good too. One of his better ones.
Today is the first day of school. Last year Christopher did all his subjects on his own. This year we are doing Bible, Philosophy Adventures and most of science together. I am excited about him wanting me more involved. We only have 2 more years together, counting this one, and that time will fly by. Then I will be completely finished homeschooling. So I am glad to be a little more involved this year. We will also start out the year doing a doodle/drawing time together on Fridays. I don't know if that will last or not. but it excited me to hear Christopher was interested in doing it. That will help him get his Fine Arts credit done.
I had a really good week. I got all my goals accomplished except for exercise and cooking my cake. I hope to MAKE myself add that in this week.
Participants... It is not a requirement to comment on each others blogs but it would be nice to encourage each other. Please try and come back and check who else links up and go comment on their blog post. And comment on mine as well, we ALL could use some building up and community.
My top priorities are marked with a *
My goals for this coming week:
- *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading(Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. Done - I finished reading One Thousand Gifts yesterday.
- Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Done - I am all caught up.
- *Work more on planning History. Done
- *Check with Christopher on what extra subjects he wants to do this year. Done - we are going to be doing Home and Life Management and Building Life Relationships
- *Buy the curriculum I want. I am going to buy The Wise Woman with Literary Analysis Journal Questions. It is a suggested resource for the Philosophy Adventures program we are doing this year. I am getting the download so it doesn't cost much. I also may buy Chemistry 101. I asked about doing a review of the dvd set. I am waiting to hear. I have plenty of other Chemistry materials to get us started so I don't have to have the dvd's before we start school. Done - I bought The Wise Woman and decided to wait and contact the companies again about reviewing Chemistry 101 since I don't have to be in a hurry because we have things to start the year with. I don't really like that, but hubby thinks it is best. I HATE waiting. I have so many things in my life I am already waiting for, it is hard to add another. I just want to buy it and be done. But, I am deferring to hubbies decision, though I don't much like it.
- *Get the log sheets made, where I write what we get done each day. I make my own with Libre Office's Spreadsheet. Done - all ready to go for the first day of school.
- *Make sure any pages we need printed for the week are ready to go. Done
- *Pick all the reading material we need for the week. Books have been ordered from the Library. Hopefully they will come in in time. Done
- *Get Christopher's box prepped with everything he needs for next Monday. Done
- I hope to get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii. Not Done - not because of injury... just because of laziness.
- *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! I know... I have said it so many times you are sick of seeing it. So am I and I want to eat the cake so I hope to get this done early this week. Not Done - laziness again
- Eat fruit and veggies and drink water. Done
- Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Done
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
- Post Think Back Thursday. Done
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
- Read. Done
- Attend as many of hubbies cardiac therapy appointments as he wants me to. He has appointments Mon., Wed. and Friday. Done - I went Mon. and Wed. and not Friday. I guess I won't be going with him any more now that school has started.
My goals for this coming week:
- *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading(Proverbs), prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. I am starting Confessions of a Prayer Slacker for my next book. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013.
- Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013.
- Do school with Christopher.
- Grade and Record work done, DAILY.
- Prep the next day's school, especially science!
- Order more book for history. Especially if he reads a lot this week.
- I must get back to exercising this week. Working out on the Wii.
- *Get my Weight Watchers dessert made... MUST DO! I know... I have said it so many times you are sick of seeing it. So am I and I want to eat the cake so I hope to get this done early this week.
- Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
- Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky.
- Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
- Post Think Back Thursday.
- Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday.
- Work on and post monthly reading post.
- Work on and post yearly goal update for July.
- Work on Not Back to School Blog Hop posts, though I have not seen any information about the hop for this year.... any one know if they are doing it? If not I will just post the stuff anyway but skip the link to their hop.
- Save files to external drive.... time to get back to doing this and get it finished so I can set up a weekly schedule to keep up and not get so far behind that it takes WEEKS to back up my stuff.
- Work on, maybe even finish, 2 digital scrapbook pages for my Creative Team 'job'. I have a school kit and I have not made time to work on it.
all content on my blog is ©