The year is whizzing by. March is here already. Soon the spring flowers will be coming out and next thing we know it half the year will be over. February was a good month and I really got serious with some of my goals. I am happy with how things turned out... look below and see!!
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Read Proverbs through each month. A chapter a day + a couple on short months. Recommended by the book my hubby and I are reading together... The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness.
- Read Godly/Spiritual books.
- Work on my prayer life. Pray is my word for 2013.
- Start reading a book on prayer. I have a bunch of them on the Kindle app on my Nook.
- Not yet. I have some other books I want to finish before I start any new ones. I hope to start one this month.
- I started a private blog for just God and I to see. I made it so it can't be searched by the search engines and you have to be invited to read. I needed another way to focus. I focus well while writing so I decided to try and blog my prayers to God. It is working really well so far. I started the blog on Feb 10th and have written 7 prayers so far. I have written on it the last 2 days in a row and hope to continue to write my prayer every day.
- Be Grateful. I will be joining the Joy Dare @ Ann Voscamp's blog. Click the link to check it out. You can print her prompts for each month or do your own thing. Just be grateful... 3 a day for 365 days gives you more than 1000 things to look back at on Dec. 31, 2013. Let's record 1000 things to be grateful to the Lord for.
- Memorize 2 verses or portions of scripture a month with my new group on Facebook. We post one verse/portion on the 1st and one on the 15th. With this I will memorize 24+ verses a year... more than in 2012 since I didn't memorize any.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2013. As far as healthy eating goes I will be doing the best I can. (With my husband being unemployed for 33 months now things are tough and we can't always afford fruits and vegetables. If I exercise I will feel better... that is better than nothing.)
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education. (The spiritual book are very educational but I have other books I would like to read as well... non-fiction and historical fiction.)
- Read some fiction books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family. Use the blogging ideas pdf I bought in 2012.
- Work on some crafts just for me. Things I have wanted to do, work on, make. Some from Pinterest, some will be things I have been working on already or wanting to do for a while.
- I worked on my wood crafts and finished the curio type box. The photos and a link to the project that inspired me (from Pinterest) are in my Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 109 post.
- I have also been working on my Doodle Class. It is lots of fun and I hope to get good enough to frame some of my projects and maybe even give them as gifts.
- Spend at least one day a month scrapbooking, digital or paper.
- Play at least one board game a month with someone in the family.
- Nope... I had plans to play a game with my dd Jessica on the 28th but it didn't happen. Can't wait until the last day of the month for March. I would count playing games on the Wii with my kids but I put play a board game and so it doesn't count. Playing with the kids was fun and that is what counts. Maybe I can make time this Sunday to play a board game with someone.
- Keep up with planning and ordering any materials Christopher needs for school.
- I need to order some things asap for History and Science.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily assigned work and making sure he completes everything assigned to him, log it into my school log, and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Check periodically on Christopher's hours for school. I don't want to have to do his transcript all in his Sr. year.
3 Not Done
Previous Month's Updates in case you missed them and want to read...
January Jots ~ Yearly Goal Update
If you made goals, make goals, or want to set goals post them on your blog and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
all content on my blog is ©