Monday, February 25, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Week 109


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

 (our hostess is moving back to her other blog, the button is linked back to Mama Manuscripts)

A GREAT week!!! I got soooo much accomplished. I am sooo excited. I had less down time and more productive time! Check out my progress.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. Done - finished the questions for chapter 2. My chapters have been taking too long. I am going to strive this week to pick up the pace... that means reading the chapter on Monday and Tuesday leaving the rest of the week for the deep, in-depth questions that take me sooo much time.
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Done - I am up to 179 gifts.
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep up with planning and ordering materials for school. Done - I had all of school graded, logged in, and ready to go for today by Sat. afternoon.
  2. Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in. Done - yup, already told ya in #1.
  3. Check more of Christopher's hours for his school subjects so I know how much he has done, how much he still needs to do in the next 80 days or so of school. Done - not much progress but some... still LOTS more to do.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. Done - only 3 this week - I commented on our hostess Katrina's blog @ Mama Manuscripts at  Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break, and at Karen @ The Fruit of Her Hands       
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
  5. Post a meme or 2 I like to participate in. Done
  6. Post a blog post that is not linked to a meme. Done
Fitness Goals
  1. I want to exercise at least 15 minutes on 2-3 days. I hope to work up to doing more than this. Done -  Yippee  http://zaazu.com I exercised 3 times. Monday for 15 min., Friday for 21 min, and Sunday for 33 min. I also lost 2.6 lbs. I have been eating better and avoiding most snacks. Some candy I had left over from Valentines Day I gave to my kids. I am proud of the progress I have made. I have lost a total of 24lbs. since I started my weight loss journey on 12/10/2010. I know that is a long time to have lost so little. Much has happened to set me back. But, I will not give up. I am more dedicated to my health, exercise and weight loss. I do not want to be on a ton of medications and I want a better quality of life. I must do something and now is the time. I expect setbacks, temptations of junk food and days of laziness... I will not give up. I will start again the next day.
  2. Eat more salad, vegetables, and fruit. (I have been doing pretty well no this). I have an oriental salad dressing I want to make as well. Done- obviously... or I would not be loosing weight. The oriental salad dressing is WONDERFUL. I especially like it in my salad with mandarin oranges added in. This is the way we had it at the Christmas luncheon we took my mother too... and we got the recipe from the hostess of the luncheon.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Done
  2. Read, Read, Read
    • Read at least 2 chapters of Emma (would like it to be more) Done - I finished ch. 7
    • Read 1or 2 chapters of one of the History books I am reading. Partly Done - I read part of 1 chapter... progress but not enough to reach my goal of one chapter.
    • Read some of The Memory Jar Not Done
  3. Work on saving files to my external drive. I have a lot to do because I have not kept up with it as I should. Done - Progress.... much more to do still.
  4. Work on my Doodle classNot Done - I was going to work on my Doodle class on Sunday but working on my wood projects took a lot longer than I thought. See #4.
  5. Work on my 30 day challenge from Jan. ... Yeah... I am behind. Done - I am up to day 20... only10 more to go.
  6. Work on my wood projects for my bedroom and the living room. Done - I painted the Faith and Family wood projects (not shown) and completed my 'curio' box.  

                        Before I started working.

     I wanted to get a picture of the box when it was just brown, but I forgot. I painted it brown but thinned the paint so it looks like wood stain. I got the idea from Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/pin/248401735669581241/ but I made it over for all year... not just Christmas. This is the box with the brown 'stain' and the paper inserted and decoupaged.


    Here is the final box. The center box needed something, the girls said a little bottle. We decided to try one of the cups and saucers from a tiny little tea set I have. It worked perfectly and looks just right. I have it stuck on with glue dots. If you can't read the sticker, upper right, it says, "a family stitched together with love seldom unravels." I still have to mount the box on the wall behind my desk, but I am sooooo excited about how it turned out.
  7. Work on a chore list so I can do small things often, a few every day,  instead of letting chores pile up and then ignoring them because it is all to overwhelming. We are doing thing differently around here and need a new system. Done - I do have a few changes I want to make on it but it is basically done.
For this week that is  19 Done, 1 Partly Done, and 2 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am currently reading Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. 
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. 
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep up with planning and ordering materials for school.
  2. Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in.
  3. Check more of Christopher's hours for his school subjects so I know how much he has done, how much he still needs to do in the next 80 days or so of school.
Blog Goals   
  1. Comment on the ladies blogs that link up to Goal Planning Monday. 
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
  5. Post a meme or 2 I like to participate in.
  6. Post a blog post that is not linked to a meme. 
Fitness Goals
  1. I want to exercise at least 15 minutes on 3-4 days. I upped it one day. I hope to work up to http://zaazu.comdoing more than this. 
  2. Eat more salad, vegetables, and fruit. (I have been doing pretty well no this).
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me.
  2. Read, Read, Read
    • Read at least ch 8-9 of Emma
    • Read at least ch. 14-15 of Light and the Glory.
    • Finish ch 2 and read ch. 3-4 of The Memory Jar (at the very least).
  3. Work on saving files to my external drive. I have a lot to do because I have not kept up with it as I should. 
  4. Work on my Doodle class.  
  5. Work on my 30 day challenge from Jan. ... Yeah... I am behind. I want to finish at least 2-3 days this week which would mean I had finished day 22 or 23.
  6. Work on my wood projects for my bedroom and the living room. I still have 2 wood projects to work on. I have painted them but I still need to decoupage them.

all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just adore your blog Debbie! So glad to meet you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails