Sunday, February 24, 2013

God loves to love us


"The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
He will rejoice over you with galdness,
He will quiet you by his love'
He will exult over you with loud singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Not 'he was in our midst'
but HE IS!
He is mighty
He rejoices over me.
When doing my devotions I often check the Matthew Henry Commentary  at Bible Gateway. This is what it had to say about Zeph. 3:17
"III. God will take delight in them, and in doing them good. The expressions of this are very lively and affecting (Zeph. 3:17): He will rejoice over thee with joy, will not only be well pleased with thee, upon thy repentance and reformation, and take thee into favour, but will take a complacency in thee, as the bridegroom does in his bride, or the bride in her ornaments, Isa. 62:3-5. The conversion of sinners and the consolation of saints are the joy of angels, for they are the joy of God him-self. The church should be the joy of the whole earth (Ps. 48:2), for it is the joy of the whole heaven. He will rest in his love, will be silent in his love, so the word is. “I will not rebuke thee as I have done, for thy sins; I will acquiesce in thee, and in my relation to thee.” I know not where there is the like expression of Christ’s love to his church, unless in that song of songs, Song 4:9; Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse, with one of thy eyes. O the condescensions of divine grace! The great God not only loves his saints, but he loves to love them, is pleased that he has pitched upon these objects of his love. He will joy over them with singing. He that is grieved for the sin of sinners rejoices in the graces and services of the saints, and is ready to express that joy by singing over them. The Lord takes pleasure in those that fear him, and in them Jesus Christ will shortly be glorified and admired."

Because of all God has done for me I am Greatly Blessed...




 all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails