click button to join this fun meme
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts? As long as they don't start registering and drafing women I am ok with it. For women it should definitely be a choice. I would not want that for my daughters, we are very much traditional, women in the home type people. My daughters are stay at home daughters, 23 and 26 and still home with us... and they will be until the Lord calls them to husbands and families of their own. I have been a stay at home mom all the years I have been a mom. I only worked one summer and my nephew kept my daughers during the day. He earned a little money and I earned a little.... enough to buy some curtains and a new couch for my family... and I may have had enough to get a few other things as well.
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title? Pick one title out of 1262 posts, over almost 5 years (since April 2008). I started from recent posts and went backward. I decided on You Don't Have To Get on the Big Yellow Bus Celebration. I just noticed I dated the pictures with the wrong year when I watermarked them... I may go back and fix that some time.... but probably not.
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Overly permissive. Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? Protective, I guess. They were not permissive but not really strict either. Of course, I was the last of 4 kids and a good kid to go along with it. If you're a parent where do you fall? Protective, for sure.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite? Favorite would be firelight but I don't get that very often. Next favorite would be candlelight... I LOVE candles.
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Favorite Seuss would be Hop on Pop but that is not from my childhood but from my children's childhood. Favorite children's book would be Go, Dog, Go by P.D. Eastman (like his books more than Seuss), but it's also from my children's childhood. Favorite book from my childhood would be Bobbsey Twins series. Amazon link Amazon Kindle Link (you can get a bunch of them free on Kindle) Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain. I don't remember much about people reading to me when I was little. I really didn't enjoy reading until college. I do rememeber reading the Bobbsey Twins and The Hardy Boys series... that is about it.
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
all content on my blog is ©