"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end."
A pretty good month. I am doing well on most of my goals. Exercising and eating better to loose weight are the areas I am most failing in. I hope to be much improved in these areas by the end of May. My husband is having a heart catheterization on May 14th. We must start eating better and I need to exercise and feel better. I REALLY do want to be more healthy. I am hoping that reading a couple of the chapters in Praying God's Word will help.
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Read Proverbs through each month. A chapter a day + a couple on short months. Recommended by the book my hubby and I are reading together... The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness.
- Read Godly/Spiritual books.
- Work on my prayer life. Pray is my word for 2013.
- Start reading a book on prayer. My hubby bought me a new book off my Amazon list.
- I started reading Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. I have done well reading this and am enjoying it very much.
- I started a private blog for just God and I to see. I made it so it can't be searched by the search engines and you have to be invited to read. I needed another way to focus. I focus well while writing so I decided to try and blog my prayers to God. I am keeping up with this and enjoying writing on my prayer blog more and more often.
- Be Grateful. I will be joining the Joy Dare @ Ann Voscamp's blog. Click the link to check it out. You can print her prompts for each month or do your own thing. Just be grateful... 3 a day for 365 days gives you more than 1000 things to look back at on Dec. 31, 2013. Let's record 1000 things to be grateful to the Lord for.
- Memorize 2 verses or portions of scripture a month with my new group on Facebook. We post one verse/portion on the 1st and one on the 15th. With this I will memorize 24+ verses a year... more than in 2012 since I didn't memorize any. I started using Scripture Typer to help me memorize and review the verses.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2013. As far as healthy eating goes I will be doing the best I can. (With
my husband being unemployed for 33 months now things are tough and
we can't always afford fruits and vegetables. If I exercise I will
feel better... that is better than nothing.)
- Start by using the Wii daily for at least 15 minutes and increase from there. My goal for Exercise is to not quit.... this, I hope, will inspire me...
- I have NOT exercised at all in April. I quit. I gave up. We have had a lot of unexpected trials in April and I have allowed that to sway me from my goals. I am praying that May will be better. After my hubbies Heart Catheterization and any follow up procedures from that I plan to get busy and start again.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education. (The spiritual book are very educational but I have other books I would like to read as well... non-fiction and historical fiction.)
- I read 1 History book in April. My book reviews are here.
- Read some fiction books for pleasure.
- I finished 1 fiction books in April. My book reviews are here.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family. Use the blogging ideas pdf I bought in 2012.
- Work on some crafts just for me. Things I have wanted to do, work on, make. Some from Pinterest, some will be things I have been working on already or wanting to do for a while.
- Spend at least one day a month scrapbooking, digital or paper.
- I scrapbooked in April. I am part of a Creative Team for Digi Cyber Scraps so I must do at least 2 digital scrapbook pages a month. See a post about me here - New CT Member
- Play at least one board game a month with someone in the family.
- Keep up with planning and ordering any materials Christopher needs for school.
- Did well on this. We are finished school now. I will have many things to work on over the summer, but not in May. Ds Christopher notified me that he thinks he would like to go back to me reading aloud for History, and Historical Fiction as well as do Bible together next year. I told him we would see. I don't know what next year will bring. We will definitely do Bible together and we must do some Science together as well. I will probably do it though, because I love being more involved and we only have 2 precious years left.
- Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily assigned work and making sure he completes everything assigned to him, log it into my school log, and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs.
- Check periodically on Christopher's hours for school. I don't want to have to do his transcript all in his Sr. year.
- I need to do this asap as I need updated numbers on how Christopher is doing with his hours this year and how many more hours he needs for each of the subjects.
1 Not Done
Previous Month's Updates in case you missed them and want to read...
January Jots ~ Yearly Goal Update
February Fun ~ Yearly Goal Update
Merry March - Yearly Goals Update
If you made goals, make goals, or want to set goals post them on your blog and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
all content on my blog is ©