Monday, May 6, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Not the week I expected


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

Join us by clicking on the button above...
after you read my goals.

 (our hostess is moving back to her other blog, the button is linked back to Mama Manuscripts)

I wrote this at the end of my goal introduction last week, "Once the root canal is done, this afternoon, the rest of the week should be good!!! Tuesday my hubby has a Dr. appointment and I have to go with him. The rest of the week is clear."   

WRONG

On Monday I got my tooth done. I rested that day. I am still feeling twinges of pain a week later but the Dr. said that was normal. It's not all the time.

Tuesday my hubby went to the cardiologist. He was concerned about some symptoms my hubby described to him. So, the cardiologist had him get a stress test on Thursday. Thursday I sat reading at the office while hubby did his stress test. He was fine walking flat. As soon as they set the treadmill at an incline he started having trouble. They could see how his heart was struggling on the monitor and they didn't leave him on there long... only a couple minutes. So, on the 14th of May my hubby is going to have a heart catheterization. He will most likely have one or more stents put in... the cardiologist said he is expecting at least 2. But, it could also be NO stents or bypass surgery. This news was a big blow. I was shocked. I got nothing done the rest of the week. Good thing I had already posted my Think Back Thursday. By Saturday I was doing a little better.

This week and next week my goals are going to be simple and achievable.

My top priorities are marked with a *

My goals for this coming week:

Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I read Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper. And, I will be starting to read Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore and I have the journal as well Praying God's Word: Devotional Journal. I love Beth Moore studies. I am looking forward to this. Hubby bought both of these for me recently... just because. Done
  2. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Done
Homeschool Goals
  1. Keep up with school. This is our last week of school for this year, so that is GREAT. Done - YIPPEE http://zaazu.com
  2. Be consistent with reviewing Christopher's daily work and logging it in. Done
Blog Goals    
  1. Comment on Goal Planning Monday Not Done - sorry ladies.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Not Done - I still have time to do this... 'til Thursday... but I should do it sooner.
  5. Write and post about my Reading for April. Partly Done - I have it just about ready to post. I will finish up and have it posted tomorrow.
  6. Write and post my Monthly Goal post for April. Partly Done - I have it partly ready to post. I will probably post this tomorrow also... or Wed.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. Done
  2. Save files to my external drive. Not Done
  3. *Work on Spring Cleaning... we are starting in our very messy, disorganized basement. If we, as a family, don't work in the basement then I need to get something else done... like deep cleaning my bedroom and washing my bedroom windows... or something! I have to get started before the weather gets to hot. Not Done
  4. Read. Read. Read.... I am way behind. I should get some reading done on Tuesday while waiting at the Dr. with my hubby. I really need to finish at least 2 books this week. Done
  5. *Write a letter and Doodle a card. Yes, in this day and age of technology I am going to take the time to doodle a hand made card and write a letter and send them by snail mail. I may type the letter on the computer though and print it out to save my hands... is that cheating?? I will sign it by hand, does that make a difference??? Maybe I should just write it all out by hand?? I can't decide. Not Done
For this week that is 7 Done, 2 Partly Done, and 5 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore
  2. I have joined a Hello Mornings group. The goal of the group is to spend time with God first thing each morning. We set our own goals and encourage each other in them. They have a free study of the book of John. I am excited to be adding this to my current studies. Since the study is Mon-Fri and for 13 weeks it does not take me very long each day. On the weekend they have bonus things you can do like maps and deeper study.
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. 
Homeschool Goals
  • No homeschool goals at this time. We are done school for the year. I will have some goals later this summer but for the next 2 weeks I will not be worrying about that.
Blog Goals    
  1. Comment on Goal Planning Monday
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
  5. Write and post about my Reading for April.
  6. Write and post my Monthly Goal post for April.
Personal/Other Goals
  1. Write my weekly goals down on paper, add some details I want for me. 
  2. Read.
  3. *Write a letter and Doodle a card. Yes, in this day and age of technology I am going to take the time to doodle a hand made card and write a letter and send them by snail mail. I may type the letter on the computer though and print it out to save my hands... is that cheating?? I will sign it by hand, does that make a difference??? Maybe I should just write it all out by hand?? I can't decide. I wanted this done last week. I still want it done but I may not have the mental capacity to do so. If I get it done, fine. If not, oh well.

all content on my blog is ©

1 comment:

Cristi said...

I'll be praying for your husband's cath. It's never easy to sit in the waiting room through those, but I hope it'll help your husband so that he doesn't stuggle so much. It would be awesome if he could get relief without having any bypasses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails