Monday, May 20, 2013

Goal Planning Monday ~ Back to Fitness


 Time to write some goals and strive to accomplish them this coming week??

I have NEWS!! The Goal Planning Monday link up has moved. I am proud to announce that the creator of GPM is putting it on hiatus on her blog and is going to allow me to host it here in the meantime. So I will be working on a new button but for now you can use the old buttons and just link it up to my site here... http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/search/label/Goals

For more information about Goal Planning Monday click the link to go to my directions page (taken from Katrina's original directions) - Goal Planning Monday

Last week was stressful and many of the goals I had, though I kept them simple, didn't get accomplished. Hubbies recovery from the procedure/surgery was more extensive than we expected. He had one angioplasty done on a 95% blockage and had a stent put in. He has one more blockage, 70% to still have taken care of. This is a new week and I am excited to strive to do what God wants me to do with each day this week. I am treasuring my family more this week, especially my hubby. I thank God that these problems were caught before he had heart damage. Continued prayers are appreciated.

My top priorities are marked with a *

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Pray my way through my hubbies Tuesday heart catheterization and any repercussions/follow up procedures or problems from that procedure. Done- I could feel the prayers of friends and family. Thanks so much.
  2. Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore.  Not Done - I spent many hours praying and talking with the Lord but did not really do any of my studies
  3. Keep up with my Hello Mornings group the best that I can. Not Done -  and not going to worry about it.
  4. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. Not Done -  I am behind but will catch up in no time. By next Monday I am sure.
Homeschool Goals
  • No homeschool goals at this time. We are done school for the year. I will have some goals later this summer but for the next 2 weeks I will not be worrying about that.
Blog Goals    
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky. Not Done - No one linked up. I have to let everyone know the link up is here now. Hopefully Katrina will post about it soon on here blog and point everyone here. I will try and track down the regulars that used to post at Mama Manuscripts and I would love some new participants as well.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed. Done
  3. Post Think Back Thursday. Done
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. Done
  5. Write and post my Monthly Goal post for April. Done
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. Read. Done - I got a little reading done on Tuesday while my hubby had his procedure. I got more done after that while waiting for my son to be done work and while riding in the car with my family/hubby this week. We took a long drive yesterday and stopped by a library. After that he got tired and I drove part way home. I have accompanied him today while he drove to take my son to work. Just in case he needs me to drive.
  2. *Doodle a picture for a friend. Done - I doodled a picture for the Holman family that visited our home last week, most of the family was visiting us for the first time. I photographed my doodle and I will post it later this week. The Holman's are friends from Texas and were here on the east coast for a vacation and spent one day with us. It was a great day. The kids had a blast. There were 4 parents and 10 kids in the house.
  3. Clean my home as well as I can for company on Friday... IF hubby does not have to have heart bypass surgery. If he does than getting through the week will be enough for me. Done - my girls ended up doing a lot of the cleaning. I forgot that after the surgery I would have to do so much driving. Taking son to work, bringing hubby home from the hospital, picking up \prescriptions for him, grocery shopping... and more. It took up a lot more time than I had anticipated. Good thing I spent so many years training my girls to cook and clean. It really pays off when I need them. They are great girls and happy to serve their family. I am blessed.
For this week that is 8 Done, 0 Partly Done, and 4 Not Done.

My goals for this coming week:
Spiritual Goals   
  1. *Morning Devotions - including Bible reading, prayer, listening to music and reading a spiritual book. Read through Proverbs each month. Prayer will be a focus this year as that is my word for 2013. I am reading Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore
  2. Keep up with my Hello Mornings group the best that I can.
  3. Participate in the Joy Dare in 2013. Writing down 3 things each day that are gifts from God, things to be thankful for totaling more than 1000 gifts in 2013. 
Homeschool Goals
  • No homeschool goals at this time. We are done school for the year. I will have some goals later this summer but for the next 2 weeks I will not be worrying about that.
Fitness Goals
  • *Exercise at least 3 days 15 min each time. I hope to work up to doing much more than this. It is time to get serious about my health. Hubby has already started working on his diet, though he can't exercise until after he gets his other stent in. I am starting also.
  • Make at least one Weight Watchers meal/dessert/snack.
  • Eat fruit and veggies and drink water.
Blog Goals    
  1. Comment on everyone's blog that links up to the Goal Planning Monday linky.
  2. Post reminder and future themes for Think Back Thursday on Wed.
  3. Post Think Back Thursday.
  4. Comment on each person's post that links up for Think Back Thursday. 
  5. *Post some good content on my blog.
  6. Link up to a few good linkies/memes that I used to enjoy.
Personal/Other Goals 
  1. *Read. 
  2. Save files to my external drive.
  3. Take my daughters up to stay with my mom for 12 days while my sister is away.
  4. Spend time with my hubby and boys while my girls are at my mom's. I will miss them, a lot, but I want to take this time to spend some special time with my boys, especially Christopher who will be home all day while Nathan works.
Sorry I am late getting this posted. I will strive to do better. Now it is your turn. If you need to know what to do for GPM look here - Goal Planning Monday



all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails