Thursday, May 2, 2013

Think Back Thursday ~ 'May' Flowers




Today's Theme - May 2
May 2 - Flowers 
(April showers, we did that theme April 25, bring May flowers you know... so show me some flowers... they don't have to be May Flowers they can be any flowers)

This week I am featuring Azaleas.

I found this picture of me in the yard of the home I grew up in. Finding this photo caused me to I decide to feature Azaleas today. I was lucky. We had a good neighborhood and we never moved. I lived in this house all my growing up years, until college and then moving to MD to get a job... then married. The azalea bushes were lovely and since I grew up with these large beautiful bushes in our yard I have ALWAYS loved azaleas.  I was 11 years old in this photo. See my mom up on the porch??
Sorry about the blurry picture, I could not correct this and hope it does not bother you. I had to share this photo. I miss this home. It was sold a few years ago when my mom moved in with my sister.


The rest of these pictures are from Winterthur. My how I miss having a membership here. I am sure the azaleas are blooming right now. They are usually at their peak right around Mother's Day.
"The eight-acre Azaleas Woods is H. F. du Pont's masterpiece of color, harmony, and naturalistic design. Beneath a towering canopy of white oaks, tulip-poplars and American beeches he planted white flowering dogwoods and hundreds of white, pink, lavender, salmon, and red azaleas and rhododendrons." (quote from the website)
  Many of the Azalea photos I post today are from Azalea Woods but not all of them. There are Azaleas all over Winterthur.

Enjoy
http://zaazu.com









my hubby















hubby again
















hello hubby







me



 







I hope you enjoyed my photos.
Now it is your turn.
I love flowers,
I can't wait to see what you share with us.

http://zaazu.com

Future Themes
May 9 Walk/Hike
May 16 - Red (or pink if you can't find red)
May 23 - Landscape
May 30 - Yellow






all content on my blog is ©

3 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful Pics!

Kym said...

Those are gorgeous - every one of those pictures is beautiful! Azaleas have become one of my favorite flowers since I have a niece with that name. And they are just such pretty flowers too. ;-)

Dawn said...

WOW! Some amazing pictures! Thanks! Blessings my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails