Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yearly Goals 2012 ~ November Missive


October was terrible. So terrible I never did do an update. November has had it's moments as well... but even with the ups and downs, especially emotionally, I have gotten some things accomplished. I did not accomplish as much as I wanted but some times you have to give yourself and break and know that you did what you could under stressful circumstances.

Now on with the update...

The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
  • Main Goal
    • The updates will be here
      • or here.. in purple.
The positive steps I have made with my goals this month have a smiling smiley face Happy Smileys in front, the goals that I still have to work on have a sad face Free Icons in front. Some are not really sad but that is the best contrast I could make between completed and not completed. The color thing was getting to complicated and I love smileys so I am sticking with them.  

Personal Goals:
Spiritual  
  • Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
    • Happy Smileys  I had pretty good consistency in Nov. for my devotions.
  • Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.   
    •  Happy Smileys I finished reading The Resolution for Women on November 20th.
    • Read Promises PromisesHappy Smileys I started reading this for devotions I finished ch. 5 and the questions for each of the chapters.
    • Happy Smileys I started reading Honestly by Sheila Walsh. An interesting book about a woman from tv who went from hopelessness, to honesty and freedom, to real faith and joy. A book handed down to me by a cousin that I thought might do me good in this stage of my life and because of the circumstances of 31 months of unemployment for my husband.
Health and Fitness 
  • Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
    • Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
      • Free Icons I am sad to report that though I started back to exercising in Sept. I have stopped, again! I saw this on Facebook then looked it up and pinned it on Pinterest.   I soooooo need this. I am tired of starting over... so I need perseverance... in exercising and a few other area of my life.  
Educational
  • Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
    • Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. Happy Smileys  (See Spiritual)
    • Some will be about homeschooling. Happy Smileys Not recently but I did read a homeschool book this year already so it counts as completed. I do have a couple books and some Schoolhouse Magazines I want to read but I have not made the time to do it
    • I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.  Happy Smileys I  finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now, but that is ok since the goal was only to read 1 or 2 health and fitness books this year.

    Personal/Leisure
    • Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
      • Happy Smileys  It had been a while but I scrapbooked this week for my Think Back Thursday post. It was a lot of fun. I have plans to keep it up!
    • Read some books for pleasure. 
      • Happy Smileys  Check out how I did on reading in Nov. HERE.
    • Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
      • Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
        • I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top.  Happy Smileys Done.
        • I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers.  Happy Smileys I did a post in Nov. about my pumpkin oatmeal. I do want to do more of this but have been struggling with what to write. 
    • I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest.  Happy Smileys I will be working on some gifts for Christmas and after that gets done I have some cross stitch projects I would like to work on for myself.
    Homeschool Goals:
    • Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. Happy Smileys  I have been very consistent with this lately.
    • Be consistent with reviewing Christophers daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Happy Smileys  Done.
    • Check periodically on the boys hours for school.Happy Smileys  Done. I checked how many hours credit Christopher has for Computer class and he needs more so he is working to finish that. I need to do a count of his hours soon so I know how the year is going. I want to do a check on his hours at least once every 9 weeks and need to get that done this coming week.
    • Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Happy Smileys  Done! Nathan graduated in June.
    Family/Relationship Goals:
    • Spend more time with my dear husband
      • Happy Smileys Hubby and I have been spending time together in our bedroom. Both on our computers, chatting about things throughout the day. We want to do a date but can't afford it. WE have also been watching a show on Hulu together, that is fun. We should do something in our bedroom again but we haven't. 
    • Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
      • Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. Happy Smileys The time we have spent together lately has been mostly together or in small groups: Thanksgiving day, putting up the Christmas decorations, and watching movies. We also started a tradition of reading by candlelight on Sunday nights. We all read what we want and sit together at the dining room table. Everyone is not required to participate... but encouraged to. I have not been making time for each child like I should... though the kids don't seem to care much these days.
    Happy Smileys  18 Done

    Free Icons 1 Not Done

    If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.

    At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.


    Debbies Digest


    Debbies Digest






    Monthly Update List

    all content on my blog is ©

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails