Now on with the update...
The main goal is in bold and under that are the smaller steps to reaching those goals.
- Main Goal
- The updates will be here
- or here.. in purple.
- Have personal devotions daily. First thing in the morning. I will read a book of the Bible (more in depth), read a Godly Christian book, take notes in a journal, listen to Christian music daily, and pray.
- I finished a book and started the next one... see below for details. I am doing pretty well on accomplishing daily devotions, I may miss one day a week or so but I am pretty consistent.... way better than other years I have to confess. Not only that I am learning a lot, getting a lot out of my devotions and enjoying them.
- Read Godly books. Some will be for my devotions, some for Ladies Bible Study and some for Sunday School.
- Read as much as possible of the books I got for our Sunday School study. How People Change and How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us by His Grace. Our Sunday school is on to other topics. I never completed the book and am concentrating on this for devotions until I get it done.
- Exercise more, more often and consistently. I would like to be much more fit by the end of 2012
- Start by using the Wii at least 3 days a week for 15 minutes and increase from there.
- Read some books/magazines to expand my own education.
- Some will be the spiritual books I already told you about. (See Spiritual)
- Some will be about homeschooling. Not recently but I did read a homeschool book this year already so it counts as completed. I do have a couple books and some Schoolhouse Magazines I want to read soon.
- Some will be books I read to the boys for school... I learn a lot also... more than I ever learned when I was in school. Christopher decided he like reading better on his own. I miss reading aloud to my kids and having only one student is strange, but I have to do what is best for him, not what is best for me. I have a couple books we started reading together and I want to finish. I will be working on them.
- I also have a health and fitness book or 2 that I want to read.
- I finished reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure in March. I don't have another fitness book I want to read right now, but that is ok since the goal was only to read 1 or 2 health and fitness books this year.
- Spend one afternoon at least every other week doing scrapbooking.
- Read some books for pleasure.
- Continue blogging and remember it is supposed to be for fun and for the records for my family.
- Write more consistently on my blog at least 3 posts a week.
- I want to join back in on some meme's that are favorites... see my Memes tab at the top. Done.
- I want to write some posts each month that are not linked to a meme. I want them to be interesting and informational for my readers. I have been working on this. I did a non-meme post last week and I have one ready to post tomorrow, I just have to check on a couple things then post it.
- I have a few projects for our home that I want to accomplish. I would like to do a few of the projects for the home that I have saved on Pinterest. I will be working on some gifts for Christmas and after that gets done I have some cross stitch projects I would like to work on for myself.
- Continue being consistent on recording daily in our school log. We are back to school and I recorded most of the work. I am a little bit behind but will catch up before this weekend is over.
- Be consistent with reviewing the boys daily assigned work and making sure they complete everything assigned to them and then put the stuff away in the folders/notebooks where it belongs. Done.
- Check periodically on the boys hours for school. Done. I checked how many hours credit Christopher has for Computer class and he needs more so he is working to finish that. I need to do a count of his hours soon so I know how the year is going. I want to do a check on his hours at least once every 9 weeks and need to get that done this weekend as well.
- Complete Nathan's Sr. Year. Complete his transcript. Have his graduation ceremony. Next school year, which starts in July 2012 I will only have one student! That will be weird and I am sure we will have to make adjustments. Done! Nathan graduated in June.
- Spend more time with my dear husband
- Spend time once a week with one of my kids, just mom and one of the kids doing whatever the child wants to do. Usually a combo of eating, talking and playing board games, computer games, or on the Wii.
- Start with my youngest and schedule it on the calendar so I can keep track of who is next for their turn. Goal is one child a week and then a week off. Sometimes the kids don't have time or won't make time to spend with me. Sometimes I will skip that child and go on to the others. Sometimes I will just wait until the next week. Perfection in scheduling is not the goal. The goal is to spend time having fun with my kids. I spent time with my girls before they left for Texas. We played some games and watched some movies together over the last couple days before they left. It was a good, sweet time. Now in October I hope to spend time with the boys while my girls are gone. We have movies we want to watch that the girls don't like and we may play a game or play on the Wii once or twice.
0 Not Done
If you made/make/want to set goals and link up, just choose the size you want and copy the code from the little box beneath it. Past the code in your blog post at the top then write your goals. Tell you friends to click the button at the top of your post so others know how to join us if they want to.
At the bottom of the post I will provide a linky so you can join up and I can see your goals and how you are doing. If no one joins me that is fine too. I am doing this mostly for myself.
Monthly Update List
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ Goal Setting for the Year
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How did January go?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ How was February?
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ March Forth
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ April's Progress
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ May, I'm late
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ June Update... better late than never
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ July was ok
- Yearly Goals 2012 ~ August was better
all content on my blog is ©