Friday, October 5, 2012

Reading Challenge ~ September Reading


Reading Challenge 2012

My goal for reading this year was to read 52 books or more in 2012. That is one book a week. I am proud that I am doing so well. I am currently reading 9 books. Some are left from books I was reading to Christopher and he decided he likes reading them on his own better: George Washington: True Patriot, Evolution Exposed: Your Evolution Answer Book, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Founding Fathers and With Wolfe in Canada. I want to get them finished.

For spiritual books I am reading The Resolution for Women, Promises, Promises: Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband, and My Utmost For His Highest: Classic Edition. (I am also re-reading How People Change because I am reading it aloud to my family. I am not adding this here because we are not reading it in October because our girls are on a trip. We will resume the book when the girls get back.)

Just for myself for fun I am reading Lion of Babylon.

I am reading Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life

 I love reading!
You can explore so much of our past and present and gain so much knowledge and encouragement! Also, reading is and can be Fun!

Read A Book Today!

Each month for the Reading Challenge we are supposed to do an update and link up. This month I read....

How People Change by Timothy S. Lane
255 pp I finished reading this on Sep 02.

This is a very good but challenging book, this is NOT light reading. This book challenges you to make real changes in your life. You will dig deep into the heat of your life, the things and circumstances that are difficult, the hard parts. Then they look at how we react to the hard things in our lives, do we react with grace or do we react in an ungodly way. Then we must apply the Cross to our lives and circumstances and if we do that will will bear fruit, much fruit. We can only bear fruit if we are yielded to God, allowing his power to work in our lives. This I want more of in my life.

Martha Washington: America's First Lady by Jean Brown Wagoner 

192 pages I finished reading this book on Sep 03.

A great book, one of the Childhood of Famous American books. It was good to read a biography of the first First Lady of the USA. A great book, a wonderful look at the early years of the USA and the way young ladies were raised and taught. A book about her childhood with a little about her first marriage and then early marriage days with our first President, George Washington. Interesting story, well written, lots of things I never knew about Martha Washington. A delight. Highly recommended, even for older students and adults.

How People Change Study Guide by Timothy S. Lane
170 pages I finished reading this book on September 9

The study guide is where all the work is done. The book is excellent but the work that needs doing is done in the questions in the study guide. Not only do you answer questions about your own life there is a project you undergo, to dig into your life through a number of the chapters, you choose one problem area and use it as an example of how to use the things you read and how to CHANGE.

That is 3 books for September. That makes 45/52 books read for the year. I am 6 books (10%) ahead of schedule! This is TERRIBLE. I did horribly in Sept. I am glad I finished my How People Change study but, I want to do BETTER in October, I want to do way better, and it will save money if I spend less time on the computer. So I want to spend some time daily reading, and a major part of at least one afternoon a week reading.

I am excited about this reading challenge. I think I am going to exceed my goal. I was hoping I could get to 75 books but I don't know if that will happen. Well, I've gotta get going on my other goals and more reading too.

Here are the previous updates if you are interested:
Reading Challenge ~ January Update
Reading Challenge ~ February Update
Reading Challenge ~ March Update
Reading Challenge ~ April Update
Reading Challenge ~ May Update
Reading Challenge ~ How I did in June
Reading Challenge ~ July's Book
Reading Challenge ~ August Amendment


all content on my blog is ©

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails